Quick question on deck size

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Barry

Quick question on deck size

#1 Post by Barry » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:22 pm

I am going to be doing my first rebuild of a pontoon over the winter. Going to be ordering the new decking from PS. But what size deck do I have? It is listed as a 18' bass buggy. BUT, it has kind of a pointed nose on it, and the back just has a couple pieces over the end of the toons. Im thinking I probably need the 18' kit? But, I don't want to end up short either. So, should I get the 20' kit? Or, would even the 16' kit be enough?

TDJ2591

Re: Quick question on deck size

#2 Post by TDJ2591 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Barry wrote:I am going to be doing my first rebuild of a pontoon over the winter. Going to be ordering the new decking from PS. But what size deck do I have? It is listed as a 18' bass buggy. BUT, it has kind of a pointed nose on it, and the back just has a couple pieces over the end of the toons. Im thinking I probably need the 18' kit? But, I don't want to end up short either. So, should I get the 20' kit? Or, would even the 16' kit be enough?
Why not just send the measurements to PS and get their advice.
[color=#4000FF]2005 Crest Caribbean 25'
2006 Honda 135hp 4 stroke[/color]

RcgTexas

#3 Post by RcgTexas » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:47 pm

Barry I'd say measure it after you have the trim off. Then decide. Count the sheets as well. full or partial. and as was said check with PS.

BTW does michelle know you are doing this? :paranoid :scared :mrgreen:
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

Barry

#4 Post by Barry » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:09 am

I did think about counting the sheets once everything was off and all cleaned up. I just was hoping to order them now, so I had the new wood to put down when I was ready for it. I must admit though, I didn't think about calling PS. I would bet, that being a seller of all things pontoon, they would know......

PlaynDoc

#5 Post by PlaynDoc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Barry wrote:I did think about counting the sheets once everything was off and all cleaned up. I just was hoping to order them now, so I had the new wood to put down when I was ready for it. I must admit though, I didn't think about calling PS. I would bet, that being a seller of all things pontoon, they would know......

and, i bet... when you place your order, and ask for a free t-shirt, you'll get one.
2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p