New plywood/Vinyl floor dumb questions

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Big Fish Little Fish

New plywood/Vinyl floor dumb questions

#1 Post by Big Fish Little Fish » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Getting ready to pull carpet up and assuming I will need to replace plywood floor also due to either bad wood or too much glue to remove. Couple of questions I have not seen addressed here or I missed it. After the marine plywood floor is screwed or bolted down and there is a small divot or dimple in the wood from the screws do I need to fill these divots with something (and sand flat) so it will not show in the new vinyl? I also read not to walk on the floor after the vinyl is put down and the glue is wet as footprints may show later. How do you roll it if you cannot walk on it?

sunedog

Re: New plywood/Vinyl floor dumb questions

#2 Post by sunedog » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 am

Big Fish Little Fish wrote:Getting ready to pull carpet up and assuming I will need to replace plywood floor also due to either bad wood or too much glue to remove. Couple of questions I have not seen addressed here or I missed it. After the marine plywood floor is screwed or bolted down and there is a small divot or dimple in the wood from the screws do I need to fill these divots with something (and sand flat) so it will not show in the new vinyl? I also read not to walk on the floor after the vinyl is put down and the glue is wet as footprints may show later. How do you roll it if you cannot walk on it?
I used the thick vinyl (80 mil) from pontoonstuff.com and small indentations like around a fastener do not show up. Never heard anything about not walking on the vinyl when the glue is wet. I was all over mine and rolled it thoroughly.

Mel85CJ

Re: New plywood/Vinyl floor dumb questions

#3 Post by Mel85CJ » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:29 am

I went off of what they said in this video from Marideck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVo1WamKd8
2001 Riviera Cruiser Regatta 2525
1985 Harris Flotebote Heritage 240
1994 Playbuoy Challenger 20 DLX
Deep Creek Lake, MD