Accessing Smoker-Craft Console

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

WallyCurmudgeon

Accessing Smoker-Craft Console

#1 Post by WallyCurmudgeon » Thu May 19, 2016 1:03 pm

I have a 2002 Smoker-Craft 818 Infinity Cruiser. I just took it out of winter storage and found that the steering console/helm is very loose. I can actually lift it up about an inch off the deck! It appears the anchors are loose, rotted though, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't see any way to look inside the console. The carpeted front section (opposite my knees) is a likely access panel, but I can't see any screws or bolts holding it in place (see attached image). I've tugged on the edges and everything seems tight, i.e., can't be removed. Does anyone know how, or if, you can get inside the console to see if the base anchors are damaged?

Thanks for your help!

WallyCurmudgeon
The Green Mountain State
Front of console.jpeg
Carpeted front of console on 2002 Smoker-Craft Infinity Cruiser. Is this an access panel?
Front of console.jpeg (831.69 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

PlaynDoc

Re: Accessing Smoker-Craft Console

#2 Post by PlaynDoc » Thu May 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Have you lost your nuts??

i dunno about your particular situation...

it seems to me, the best place to look, since there is no access door... look under the boat. perhaps the console has 'built in' bolts that go through the plywood floor... your nuts simply fell off? (I've heard that a similar situation has resulted in using bathrooms in a non-traditional manner)
2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p