Help! Can this be fixed?

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

thall17

Help! Can this be fixed?

#1 Post by thall17 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:03 am

So I hired a 3rd party to pull my toon out of the water and store for winter (I couldn't be there). I get a call "did you know there is damage to one of your toons??" I had just shown the boat (in the water) to a prospective buyer so I did not notice this and I kinda think I would have...

Can this be fixed?

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
boatpic.jpg
boatpic.jpg (204.79 KiB) Viewed 3061 times

wwind3

Re: Help! Can this be fixed?

#2 Post by wwind3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 am

geez...… Ray Charles coulda seen that... I would imagine you might have felt something when you hit it that hard... They broke it....probably have to sue in small claims to get them to fix it...unless they admit to it and repair.

Not sure what the fix is--probably take off the end cap and add a new one--pricey for sure..

I would be concerned about leaks--if not now --when you run it in rough water..

Good luck...
2009 LOWE SS204 25in logs
90 Merc Optimax
Motorguide W55 Wireless
Underskinning
28 GPS

Bamaman

Re: Help! Can this be fixed?

#3 Post by Bamaman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Is it just where the water foil was ripped off? If so, you can copy the other side foil, and have a quality welder TIG weld it on. I hope the rest of your nosecone is okay.

Most people don't realize that the big manufacturers have computerized welding and rolling equipment that mechanically/electronically welds the toons. The rear caps are welded on manually. But the nosecones are built by an individual and welded by hand. They're not easy to deal with if they're badly dented, etc. I would think the builders are artists of fabrication as all manufacturers' nosecones are different.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150