Carpet Replace Cost

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

shoundog

Carpet Replace Cost

#1 Post by shoundog » Wed May 06, 2020 11:20 am

I am going to get someone to replace the carpet on my 18 ft Triton. My hands and knees are in to bad a shape to do it myself. I have removed the seats and will get my boys to remove the gas tank and batteries. Only the rails, bumpers and helm will have to be removed by person doing the job. I have decided to go with a 20 oz carpet. The ply deck is in very good condition. I figured if I could do myself it would run around 600 bucks give or take. Any one have an Idea what the cost will be or what a good price would be to have someone do it for me. I am in Charlotte NC area. Thanks, Doug

Kytoon

Re: Carpet Replace Cost

#2 Post by Kytoon » Wed May 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Finding someone to do it seems the big challenge. I gave up and doing it myself. Pontoonstuff.com has a network of installers I'd check with one of them.

So here is what I've gleaned. If your deck is new enough that it doesn't need to be replaced getting the carpet and glue off is a bear. If it's old enough that the carpet and glue come right off then you probably need to replace the wood. And replacing the wood is easier than getting the glue off.

Not the answers to the questions you posed but it's all I have.
1994 Godfrey Sweetwater 20' Fishin Cruise.
Deckmate Furniture (Burgandy/Ivory), 20 oz textured carpet, CCA Treated Plywood,
Toon for comfort & relaxing, Jetski's for speed= day of fun on lakes of KY.

fieldboss

Re: Carpet Replace Cost

#3 Post by fieldboss » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:48 pm

July 30

Probaly to late to help...but hopefully you upgrade to at least a 32 oz carpet. My Marine grade carpet cost 265 with shipping.
I bought the robertson 6700 glue (2 gallons on a 20' 8' wide deack was enough)
I did Not remove helm but stripped everything else ut. By myself ( would never do it again)
I orderd new risers and all new screws. My total costs was less than $350.
I would imagne that an installation service would $400 more...hope it turned out well.