2011 Xcursion X-23RF Deck Softening

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

LastCast

2011 Xcursion X-23RF Deck Softening

#1 Post by LastCast » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:59 am

I purchased a 2011 Xcursion X-23RF a few years ago and noticed about 4 months ago that the deck just above the fuel tank is soft. Over the past few months it has worsened. The floor is vinyl and appears to be completely intact without tears nor cracks. I removed the two 6" access points on the floor and can see what looks like condensation on top of the fuel tank. I felt the underside of the wood decking and it is wet. Now I haven't used the boat in several weeks and it's stored in a covered boat lift. The boat is out of warranty and I just want it fixed. So if you have any recommendations of a repair shop that can either replace the area of decking that's starting to rot or the entire deck, would be much appreciated. I'm located near Lafayette Louisiana and looking for someone nearby....within a few hour drive. Thanks

steve1313

Re: 2011 Xcursion X-23RF Deck Softening

#2 Post by steve1313 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 am

You might be still under warranty. I'd check into that first!

https://www.xcursion.com/warranty
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

LastCast

#3 Post by LastCast » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:59 pm

I checked. Xcursion’s warranty does not cover my boat since it was manufactured by Forest River Marine. Since around 2016, Xcursion manufactures their own boats but prior to then Forest River manufactured their boats. I have several calls into Forest River dating back two months. Haven’t heard back from them and not expecting to....wouldn’t buy their products either because of their lack of response to my inquiries.

Motor7

#4 Post by Motor7 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 am

Is that storage compartment vented? Also, what type of boat cover are you using?

The only way to really fix it is to remove the fixtures/furniture/ fencing and old vinyl. An inspection of the rest of the flooring is recomended. If is sound then it is possible to just fix the problem area. Cutting a straight line in the standard vinyl( say the last 1/4th of deck)and replacing with a wood plank style vinyl in that area might look good.
1987 28' Sun Tracker Party Hut pontoon