Manufacturer question

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Gustopho

Manufacturer question

#1 Post by Gustopho » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:31 am

Hey guys! So I was actually able to finally get my hands on the title for my rebuild. The title reads 1990 MBB 24 foot pontoon. I’ve googled this many times over and I cannot find the manufacturer for this boat. I’m looking to put a third pontoon down the center. The pontoons are 24‘ x 23“ wide. The center pontoon is also 23 inches wide but only 23 foot long. What I’m wanting to do is cut out the back section of the pontoon and drop in the existing transom so that the motor is about 18 inches beyond the back of the pontoons. Do you see any problems with having the center pontoon 4 foot back from the outer pontoons? But again my main question here is finding the manufacturer so I can see what the rating is for the motor.

New at This

Re: Manufacturer question

#2 Post by New at This » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:22 am

If you are going to trailer this boat, you will need a middle set of bunks to have the middle pontoon sit in and be supported.
Are you still considering the 150 hp motor you talked about in a different post? You may want to consider building up a motor mount that is recessed in the pontoon using aluminum tubing and plate stock. There were drawing on how to do that on this page a while ago.
Look on line and see how far back factory motors are, there probably is a reason they sit where they are. Same with the placement of the middle toon front to back.