3rd toon question

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Mrtoler

Re: 3rd toon question

#16 Post by Mrtoler » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 am

I've talked to a few guys from a local fishing forum about this and they all said that Texas isn't worried about the hp reteing! I haven't got insurance yet but have inquired about it, my agent is a life long friend and all she said she needs from me is a few pics of the outside of the boat and to see my titles! The way I see it is I could have a new tritoon setup like I want with the biggest motor available and be in debt for X amount of years, or I can fix my old toon up and it will pretty much be a 2011 with the exception of the two original logs! Everything will be new from the floor up when I'm done, and from the cross members down will be beefed up extra strong the center log will be a 1000 times stronger than my existing transom! I'm only 22 years old and I'm married, have a 5 year old and a new 2 month old! I'm lucky enough to have 0 debt, we have a nice house newer truck and food on the table, BUT there is no way I can justify buying a $60,000 toon like I would want when I could just rebuild mine and its paid for! I don't see many ney toons like I want anyway, I want a performance tritoon big motor, fishing seats in the back and front( but outside the fence in the front) 24' long couches front and back, changing room basically a performance fishing toon with couches in the middle with double biminis!!!!!
Ryan, Martha, Ana and Nathan Toler.
(SOLD)1992 24' monark sun spa 240 1996 (rebuilt) Johnson 112
2014 South Bay chassis (IN THE WORKS)
2006 dodge ram quad cab
Crosby Texas

plumberoon

#17 Post by plumberoon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:10 pm

I agree on rebuilding the old thats what i'm going to do soon as the season is over.Third toon and a BIG motor.Don't need a big PAYMENT on a boat.

Mrtoler

#18 Post by Mrtoler » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:31 pm

I think your in the same boat as I am PLUMBERTOON, from what I remember your toon is the same year as mine and your wanting the same kinda performance as me! Go ahead and build yours so I can see how it works before I spend my money :lol3 joking!!! Hopefully we can help each other, but it's gonna be awile before I start on mine.. I need to do my interior first! My plan is make it a tritoon and use my motor see what it does add lifting strakes see what happens and if I'm happy run that for awhile so I can save money for the new motor!!! Auctlly that's what I'm gonna have to do because the now outboards are insanely expensive but it will be great peace of mind to have a BRAND NEW motor!
Ryan, Martha, Ana and Nathan Toler.
(SOLD)1992 24' monark sun spa 240 1996 (rebuilt) Johnson 112
2014 South Bay chassis (IN THE WORKS)
2006 dodge ram quad cab
Crosby Texas

Leisure Kraft

#19 Post by Leisure Kraft » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Mrtoler wrote:...BUT there is no way I can justify buying a $60,000 toon like I would want when I could just rebuild mine and its paid for! I don't see many ney toons like I want anyway, I want a performance tritoon big motor, fishing seats in the back and front( but outside the fence in the front) 24' long couches front and back, changing room basically a performance fishing toon with couches in the middle with double biminis!!!!!
It doesn't really cost $60,000 for a tri-toon with a 175HP engine. We do custom boats here at the factory. In a situation like this we'd just draw the rail kit like you want and do it up.

Although I'm also a do-it-yourself'er I will say that a lot of variables go into doing a tri-toon setup correctly.

Michael Blankenship 931-484-2681
Leisure Kraft Pontunes - 1996 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN 38571
http://www.LeisureKraft.com
Find us on the Pontoon Forum members map: http://www.zeemaps.com/295621/Leisure_Kraft_Pontunes