Bummed Out

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

JWINK

Bummed Out

#1 Post by JWINK » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Went in for our lake test in the new toon, and guess what! :fyou They can't seem to get the tach to work! :fyou
They think that maybe it is the wiring harness, so they are going to order a new one and replace it.
We did get to go out in the boat, it is truely beautiful and amazing. It just bums me out that I couldn't take it home. If it isn't delivered prior
to next weekend (Labor Day Weekend), I am going to be completely irate. As an olive branch to try to keep me happy, they have offered to
install me a second deep cycle battery and perko switch for cost and no labor. A pretty good deal for just $130. And also they are going to
put me in a second bow table mount at no cost (although I thought that it already had one up front).
Anyway, I am still waiting, but not so patiently anymore. Not much else I can do at this point.
Jeff - Proud 2012 Berkshire STS 234PT owner
Lake Ray Hubbard, Texas

lakerunner
Site Moderator

Re: Bummed Out

#2 Post by lakerunner » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:13 pm

JWINK wrote:Went in for our lake test in the new toon, and guess what! :fyou They can't seem to get the tach to work! :fyou
They think that maybe it is the wiring harness, so they are going to order a new one and replace it.
We did get to go out in the boat, it is truely beautiful and amazing. It just bums me out that I couldn't take it home. If it isn't delivered prior
to next weekend (Labor Day Weekend), I am going to be completely irate. As an olive branch to try to keep me happy, they have offered to
install me a second deep cycle battery and perko switch for cost and no labor. A pretty good deal for just $130. And also they are going to
put me in a second bow table mount at no cost (although I thought that it already had one up front).
Anyway, I am still waiting, but not so patiently anymore. Not much else I can do at this point.
You ain't getting no deal on the battery and perko switch. They are charging you retail IMO.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

jimrs

#3 Post by jimrs » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:46 pm

lakerunner wrote:
JWINK wrote:Went in for our lake test in the new toon, and guess what! :fyou They can't seem to get the tach to work! :fyou
You ain't getting no deal on the battery and perko switch. They are charging you retail IMO.

My thoughts also. I doubt that it's the harness unless hooking up the wrong wires counts as a harness problem. Or they might not have read the instructions and don't have the tach set right. They will get it right in a few days.
2001 22' Tracker Regency (sold)
2001 Mercury 90 HP (sold)
Elm Grove, La
Lake Bistineau

oldmn19

#4 Post by oldmn19 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Thats a bummer alright, but didn't they run the motor before you got there? Hmmmmmm I wouldn't be happy either. My dealer ran my boat for an hour out on there lake before telling me to come go for a test ride, thank goodness. Good Luck on getting it before weekend, it shouldn't be a big deal to fix.
2005 Tuscany TS2286FC by Sweetwater
22 ft, 90 hp 4s Yamaha
Lorance 332c GPS/Fishfinder
Minnkota copilot Trolling motor
3 battery's, tandem axle trailer pulled by 05 Dodge Quad Cab Hemi 2x2.

ROLAND

#5 Post by ROLAND » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 pm

yeah, it's got to make the salesman feel real uncomfortable when there's a brand new boat with a problem. When we took our little benny out for a quick test run on the river.. the salesman backed the trailer down and got the motor in the water... when he turned the key to fire her up, nothing, zilch, zero.... he was very apologetic and embarassed. It was a brand new battery but it turns out when they rigged the boat at the shop, one of the mechanics never turned the key all the way to the off position, so it just sat there running draining the battery... they jumped it, ran fine, but the salesman put another "new" battery in before we took it home.... also, I remember years ago my wife and I were test driving a new Chrysler.. high dollar model... the minute I pulled out of the dealerships parking lot the rear view mirror fell off the windshield and was just hanging there by the cord... looked at the salesman and said " we're off to a good start ". never bought that car.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

waterlab

#6 Post by waterlab » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 am

I am surprised the dealer didn't go over the boat throughly to make sure everything worked as it should, even if they didn't run it in the water, you would think that they would have at least muffed it to make sure that it starts.

scfishnman

#7 Post by scfishnman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 am

New boat deliveries often tell you a lot about the service dept.

When I purchased my first jet ski (a 4-stroke), I walked around to the service dept to watch them prep the unit. I noticed a 1 gallon container of 2-stroke oil by the ski and asked the mechanic if that was the oil he had put in it. He replied in the positive. I immediately returned to the sales department and told them the deal was off. That got a lot of people immediately involved. I never dealt with that dealer again. They later called me to ask why I had given them a poor report on the factory quality questionaire that was sent to me. Not only had they added 2-stroke oil to a 4-stroke engine but they had done so without warming the engine up before checking the oil resulting in over filling the oil reservoir. The engines on that model do not give a proper oil level reading until completely warmed up.
-- Aqua Patio 240DC triple toon 225 Yamaha 4-stroke
-- 17' Polar Kraft w/ 75 hp Evinrude Etec
-- Yamaha Waverunner FX Cruiser HO
-- Yamaha Waverunner FX HO