THE PALM BEACH BOAT STORY...AS REQUESTED

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

PalmbeachBear

#16 Post by PalmbeachBear » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:26 pm

I
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heatman

#17 Post by Heatman » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:41 am

Palmbeachbear, I sincerly hope the emails you are speaking of did not come from actual members of the PDB forum. Remimber there are alot of people lurking out there that just like to cause trouble. Also the dealer and manufature also were made aware you would be posting on that forum.
2014 Tracker Targa V-18 Combo/ Mercury 150hp 4 stroke
'06 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn Hemi
Sheridan, Indiana

Ngataki

#18 Post by Ngataki » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:05 am

Palmbeachbear..

Glad to hear your family in Tennessee is OK.. That is the most important thing..

I understand your feelings.. So just, like with so many other things in life, move on..move forward and don't look too much in the rear view mirror.

I am sure that all this was driven by "good intentions" and that is more important, wathever the outcome is.. There is always a lesson learned.. Out of all negatives comes an opportunity.

I suggest you continue to participate in these forums..Keep in mind that a lot of people who took the time to share their opinions were doing so with the best inentions in mind..and alas, some of it was quite "vocal" but this is what a open forum is all about.

Below a picture I took in February whilst we were in Florida (Hudson Beach) enjoying the warm weather.. :)

As soon as you are back home and start enjoying your toon. share with us some pictures of you, the family, the toon etc....
Attachments
DCP_2947 (Small).JPG
DCP_2947 (Small).JPG (45.85 KiB) Viewed 4569 times
Last edited by Ngataki on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ngataki

Gillgetter 721 Family Cruise
60 HP EFI Bigfoot-scissor jack Genesis trailer

leon phelps

#19 Post by leon phelps » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 am

I had the same results that you had from the PDB members. I dont scare that easy, and I know to only use a yahoo address so when their members start BS that they are complaining to dead ears.

The manufacturer got your money. Go the American Welding Society route. Post the pics. Get a professional opinion, then go back to the dealer and manufacturer. If you are told it is only aesthetic, then move on. If not press the issue.

Good luck.

Hayden

#20 Post by Hayden » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:37 am

Like the others, I am glad to hear your family is OK. Have a safe trip. I too got a few nasty private emails on one of my posts. Life goes on and so do I.
Hayden & Carla Baldwin
2001 Beachcomber, 40hp Merc
Beaverfork Lake
Conway, Arkansas

mike
Site Owner

#21 Post by mike » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:29 am

Thats complete bullshit! I really get steamed when some asshole decides to start e-threatening someone they dont even know! We had a similar problem here in Idaho with a forum for California transplants, members started getting threats and were told to leave!

I am sorry to hear this PBB!
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

REPETE

#22 Post by REPETE » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:45 am

Most of the people on PDB wouldn't condone ANY nasty emails either. As HeatMan said, these are WWW forums and this crap can come from anywhere/anyone.

I really wish you could have gotten a better resolution on the issue with the tubes. At this point all I want to do was let you know again that some of us took a ton of time to read your posts and look into your case. Many of us told some of the PDB members where to stick it when they were on your ass about poor spelling and crap like that.

Maybe we misunderstood some things or maybe we didn't but for whatever reason we all came to our own conclusions and some of them were not exactly what you wanted to hear. I hope you can move on.
A few hours of tooning can relieve all of the BS you went thru.

Glad to hear your family is ok in Tenn.
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

PalmbeachBear

Thanks Guys,

#23 Post by PalmbeachBear » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:29 am

I just
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

leon phelps

#24 Post by leon phelps » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:39 am

Let me know if you want the editors direct e-mail address.

If you are not allowed on the forum, he is legally responsible to refund your price for the magazine.

Remind him of that and you will get your password right quick.

Magazines all have federal regulations for people who subscribe. Gov't regulation at its finest.

REPETE

#25 Post by REPETE » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:11 am

leon phelps wrote:Let me know if you want the editors direct e-mail address.

If you are not allowed on the forum, he is legally responsible to refund your price for the magazine.

Remind him of that and you will get your password right quick.

Magazines all have federal regulations for people who subscribe. Gov't regulation at its finest.
That's interesting. You don't even need to be a magazine subscriber to be on the PDB forum...so how can that even matter? (I'm not saying it's not true...because we all know our government does more stupid shit than we can imagine...but anyone can go on the forum...?)

That does surprise me that they would lock you out. It really does. That last I heard they have never done this to anyone. (got close a few times but never did it)
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

PalmbeachBear

#26 Post by PalmbeachBear » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:51 am

Well
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#27 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:32 am

E-mail Allen but I can't find his e-mail address right now,
but he could be busy as this is extra work for him, not his
main job.

I can't believe that anybody from PDB site sent you threatening e-mails, and any threats should be reported to the police they could find them quick if you kept the e-mails.

And Latemisslinda you asked for everything you got and we were being nice, as we don't like to run people down unless we have to, I don't know when you had the sex change and became Leon, but all of us stuck our foots in our mouths once or twice, but if you grin and bear it and post nice, people will come around , they may still kid you now and again, but you get respect if you give respect.

And a few of the replies that stepped over the line were removed or edited.
we can get nasty at any sites out there, But we need to remember that John worked hard with a lot of help form all of us to make the PDB site more a family than just another site full of strangers.

Now we can be a little more relaxed here on our posts but we still need to keep the nasty to a minimum, there's one I wanted to unload on so bad on the PDB site, but I had to think for the better of the forum and just got help from my friends.

Now like I said before we can go any where in the world and be treated bad, It's nice to be able to get on line to a place we are welcome, trade a few jokes , ask a few questions and make friends we may never meet in person, but we will miss, when they don't have time to post or leave us to go upstairs
Last edited by HandymanHerb on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

Ngataki

#28 Post by Ngataki » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:36 am

PalmbeachBear wrote:Well I am still waiting for a new password, thought maybe the weekend was the problem, but I have not seen an email yet...

It is strange, when I first joined PDM, I also signed up for the Mag, I have not received the first copy of this yet either...but it does say it can take 6 to 8 weeks...

Is there somebody else I can email about the password? Thanks for the info
I don't know what you run as an operating system. First be sure that you don't use a stored login as we mostly do.. Once this pops up, erase the automatic pw completely and type in the pw via keyboard... If this is still an issue then you might delete all your cookies and log in manually.

p.s see also my pm here on this board..
Ngataki

Gillgetter 721 Family Cruise
60 HP EFI Bigfoot-scissor jack Genesis trailer

PalmbeachBear

#29 Post by PalmbeachBear » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:08 pm

Thanks,

PalmbeachBear

Pass word resets

#30 Post by PalmbeachBear » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:06 pm

Hey All,
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.