THE PALM BEACH BOAT STORY...AS REQUESTED

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

PalmbeachBear

THE PALM BEACH BOAT STORY...AS REQUESTED

#1 Post by PalmbeachBear » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:38 pm

Thanks for the info.
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Site Owner

#2 Post by mike » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:11 pm

Wow, dont have time to read that yet but will tonight... Looks interesting!
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

leon phelps

#3 Post by leon phelps » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:23 am

The problem with the toons is probably from a poor welding technique. When welding aluminum or any metal, you need to make sure that the welding material (rod or wire) is exactly the same as the material being welded together. I would guess that the aluminum on the toon is not the same as the aluminum on the bracket, and thus the problem. There are thousands of aluminum compositions, so it looks like this is the root (welding pun) of your problem.

Look at the american welding societies webpage and take a picture and post it there. You will get expert advice and response to the problem that you are having. Also, be sure to expect a couple responses telling you the weld is solid, and that you are being a baby. Welders are a tough group.

Good luck.

mike
Site Owner

#4 Post by mike » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:02 pm

Hey, what happened to the post?? :x
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

PalmbeachBear

#5 Post by PalmbeachBear » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:01 pm

Sorry
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

mike
Site Owner

#6 Post by mike » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:04 am

I could understand not wanting to post it a the harris site, but this site was established to be able to openly post both positive and negative situations! (your situation specifically in fact)

Can you at least pm me with it? I really would like to read what happened...
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#7 Post by HandymanHerb » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:48 am

I'm with Mike don't let a few e-mails run you off , just go spend some time on the toon, I know I need it, but I lost a brother in Christ this week so I'm going to honor him and he was a great man who loved God and was doing Gods work even on his death bed.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

PalmbeachBear

Thanks Guys

#8 Post by PalmbeachBear » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:11 pm

Hey
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hayden

#9 Post by Hayden » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:24 pm

Well Craig, I for one don't understand. But you do as you think best. I can not speak for the others, only for myself. I listened to your complaints, I read your emails and posts. I read the last batch you posted. I understand your situation and I do think you have a legitimate complaint and I would not be happy about it either. Having said that, I am not sure who the child is. Apparently you think the rest of us are for offering our opinions. It wasn't what you wanted to hear so I guess now you are taking your marbles and going home. OK, if that is what you want.

The President told you he would do something about it AFTER his rep looked at it. Sorry their schedules doesn't meet yours. But if he, the dealer and most of us are saying to you, "go enjoy the toon", then when the Rep looks at it a decision will be made.

If that decision comes back not in your favor then I think a whole lot of us would have gladly wrote the President and his Board to express our opinions, but not until the Rep looks at it.

Don't be so thin skinned. You asked for the opinions and we gave them to you. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but we were here to help you, sorry you don't see it that way.

Have a good life. But you really need to chill.
Last edited by Hayden on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayden & Carla Baldwin
2001 Beachcomber, 40hp Merc
Beaverfork Lake
Conway, Arkansas

leon phelps

#10 Post by leon phelps » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:44 pm

Bottom line with the attorney is that you will spend $2 for every $1 you get back. The whole game is made that way.

Write the money off as bad experience and make sure to bash Palm Beach every opportunity.

Good luck with the boat.

Hayden

#11 Post by Hayden » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:04 pm

Small claims courts are a lot cheaper then suing them. You get up to $5,000.00 if you win. Consulting with an attorney is only a few dollars then file in a small claims court, not a big deal really.
Hayden & Carla Baldwin
2001 Beachcomber, 40hp Merc
Beaverfork Lake
Conway, Arkansas

REPETE

#12 Post by REPETE » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Hayden...YOU ARE RIGHT ON! Craig, go back and read thru your threads. I had your back how many times when people were on your case on PDB? Many of us did!

Thru all that all you can do is dog me and others that stuck up for you?! Including going on this forum bitching about us? Face it... You blew any chance of a happy ending by playing games with this Shark Hide biz crap and looking for discounts on covers and etc...etc...etc... that IS NOT how you deal with a serious customer complaint and Palm Beach picked up on that righht away!

After all this BS, as I said in my PM to you, I would STILL work with you untill you started ragging on us. You have NO CLUE how to get results in an issue like this but I can not help somebody that slams fellow tooners like me after all we did to stick up for your ass. The only people that would go to bat for you at this point haven't read and followed every email and correspondence from you on this. Your dealer is a TOTAL embarassment and you show no class by the way you have acted the past two days.

I personally now feel like you did nothing but play people like me to try and get some results for yourself. Regardless...you blew it BIGTIME on this not us. There's only you that you should be pissed at. You have only you to blame. :evil:
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

PalmbeachBear

#13 Post by PalmbeachBear » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:23 pm

noyhing
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Backlash

Re: Thanks Guys

#14 Post by Backlash » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:42 pm

PBB, You would have all the support you could have ever needed, had you asked for it with dignity instead of whining, and conniving.
Although I was getting tired of hearing about nothing happening, you still had my support until this....
PalmbeachBear wrote: Anyway..I got very little support, I got alot of go get an attorney coments and I did not see anyone send the OEM or dealer a email to support me..I got few nasty emails and decided this was a bad idea to have done...so I deleted all of my posts even the older ones on other subjects...I have to deal with my own children, I dont need anymore..if you know waht I mean..

If I could afford an attorney, I certanly would have already done so, I did not need them to tell me this....I was hoping that email pressure would force them to do waht was right...

Thanks for the support, I hope you all understand..Craig
22' Landau Conquest/ 90HP Suzuki
1994 Chevy 3/4 ton 350

Wichita, Kansas

PalmbeachBear

#15 Post by PalmbeachBear » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:44 pm

Repete, Backlash
Last edited by PalmbeachBear on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.