Help with possible purchase

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

evilstepdad

Re: Help with possible purchase

#16 Post by evilstepdad » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:51 pm

I just had knee surgery so it might come down to just walking (or limping) away lol.

evilstepdad

#17 Post by evilstepdad » Thu May 01, 2014 9:46 pm

New update...My wife called about what time we were going to meet up for the test outing and was informed the boat had been sold. She was a little teary eyed as she has lined up some family and friends for outings over the next couple of weeks.

I am 15 years older than my wife and have learned some lessons the hard way and one I learned a long time ago was if you want just one thing in life to much it's liable to turn out to be a disappointment. What really got to us is not the fact he sold it for more money than he promised we could buy it for but he didn't even give us a call to see if we wanted to match the offer. Total slime ball all the way. I guess I just wonder if anybody keeps their word any more.

Well we are looking and we are in Oregon and have about $8,000 to spend so if you hear of anything we would appreciate a heads up,

Thank You

ROLAND

#18 Post by ROLAND » Fri May 02, 2014 1:49 am

evil.... sorry that guy sold the boat out from under you, but look at it like this.... that's not the only boat out there.. odd's are good you'll find something, maybe even better for the same money... I'm a believer in things happen for a reason... that boat just didn't have your name on it... maybe the next one will... keep on looking... you'll find something that will please you and the wife...
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Rudebob

#19 Post by Rudebob » Fri May 02, 2014 7:13 am

That is unfortunate. You can't blame the seller for trying to get the best price but he should of given you first shot to counter. Focus on the positive and assume that seller's without character are the ones who will misrepresent the condition, hidden issues, maintenance performed, etc.-which may ultimately be in your favor with this boat.

Something else will come along. The challenge is remaining objective in your search as it appears there are already some emotions connected with making a purchase. Seek advice on what you are considering here. There are a lot of good people on this site with the knowledge to help you make the best purchase.

'bob

rob28

#20 Post by rob28 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:15 am

That sucks that it was sold out from under you.
But on a positive side, I've been researching Oregon recently as we're heading there in a couple of weeks for vacation - what a great and diverse state you live in. I'm looking forward to lots of photography.
Used to be a 2013 Sylvan Mirage Cruise 8520 LE powered by a Merc 50 Bigfoot.
Now we have a 2019 Sylvan Mirage 8522 DLZ LE powered by a Yamaha VF150..
2010 F-150 4.6L to haul it around.
You'll find us enjoying life on the Wabigoon.

evilstepdad

#21 Post by evilstepdad » Thu May 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Thanks every one and we have been looking lol. Rob, yes Oregon is a great place for the outdoors and you can wear out a camera here. Hope you have a great time.

Rascal

#22 Post by Rascal » Sat May 17, 2014 1:03 pm

I too, believe things happen for a reason. Keep looking.... and keep faith that there is a better one waiting for you, just around the corner.

Rascal
Fishing Year Round SW Florida
Gulf Coast & Pine Island Sound

Premier 22' 2012 Cast A Way
115 hp Honda, 15.5 x 13 prop
Sea Star Power Steering
Day Enclosure
Loan Star Anchor Winch
Fixed Mount ipad Air for
Navigation & Satellite Weather