Premier or Suntracker?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Hawk_308

Re: Premier or Suntracker?

#31 Post by Hawk_308 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:07 pm

That might be a interesting forum project , a chart showing different build features of different model boats . Tube size , z bar or U , thickness of structure , frame spacing , ect ect ....
1988 24' Party Barge pushed by a 75hp cmc trim 17p 4 blade prop

Rascal

#32 Post by Rascal » Tue May 20, 2014 5:24 pm

badmoonrising wrote:Friends don't let friends buy Premier boats :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Touche....

Rascal
Fishing Year Round SW Florida
Gulf Coast & Pine Island Sound

Premier 22' 2012 Cast A Way
115 hp Honda, 15.5 x 13 prop
Sea Star Power Steering
Day Enclosure
Loan Star Anchor Winch
Fixed Mount ipad Air for
Navigation & Satellite Weather

REPETE

#33 Post by REPETE » Wed May 21, 2014 10:46 am

Rascal wrote:
badmoonrising wrote:Friends don't let friends buy Premier boats :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Touche....

Rascal

I bought a Bennington years ago, mainly because I got a good deal from my local lake marina on a boat that was a good fit for us. After reading hundreds of posts and threads over the years on pontoon quality, cost and design I feel pretty confident in saying that there are many manufacturers making nice toons these days.

Tracker has not had a bad rap to say the least and I've been reading this forum for a lot of years now. I can also attest to the fact that we have many very knowledgeable boat owners that own Trackers and that tells me something. In fact, for me that tells me more than any review from any pecker head pencil pushing Brady....errrrrr...I mean geek... could ever tell me. :happy

I drive a Toyoda even though I could drive a nice sports car if I so desired. To each his own.
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

Heatman

#34 Post by Heatman » Wed May 21, 2014 4:01 pm

if Tracker is a Kmart boat mine must be a Dollar General boat.I was set to buy a Tracker but found a dealer with Lowe Suncruisers cheaper. Too bad you are not closer. Dealer does have alot of people from out of state come to buy from him. Only one around Indy that is not afraid to list prices on the net. Here's some pricing from him and he will go a bit lower. http://www.theboatplace.net/new-boats/lowe-pontoons/
2014 Tracker Targa V-18 Combo/ Mercury 150hp 4 stroke
'06 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn Hemi
Sheridan, Indiana

Soonertoon

#35 Post by Soonertoon » Fri May 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Reading this thread is giving me flashbacks to a Harley Forum I am a member of. Everyone has an opinion on this is good and that is shit, blah blah blah.
I have a Tracker. A 2008 model that I bought used. Why? Because its a above average, decently built boat that I wrote a check for. Are there better built and higher end boats out there? Well duh!!! Does this boat provide me what I need and want? Yes. I have the ability to purchase pretty much what I want and pay cash for it , so I didn't so called settle for this boat. My wife likes it, my kids love it and the money I didn't spend ,paid for a slip for year and a boat lift. Plus, even thought its a lowly Tracker 21 party barge , it floats, it pulls a tube, it has a radio , a bimini top and some nice cushy seats just like the higher priced boats...imagine that.
Would I like to have a Bennington or a Playcraft? Of course, who wouldnt? Are they worth what you pay for them? To some they are. To me they aren't so I bought a Tracker. Not that important to me who's toons are what size, how thick the z bars are and what thread the friggin screws are . To some, it matters, to me... no. The whole idea is sorta like standin around seein who has the biggest Johnson... You may be married to the ugliest , fattest ,naggin bitch in 3 counties that nobody can believe you married. But if she trips you trigger and makes you happy , what others think is worth zip.
Point here is this...its your money folks. Buy what you like, not what some yack thinks you should have . If thats a Premier , great. If its a Tracker, great. To hell with what everyone else thinks...
Broken Arrow Ok
2014 G3 Suncatcher
115 Yamaha 4 stroke
Paradise Cove Marina on Ft. Gibson Lake

evilstepdad

#36 Post by evilstepdad » Fri May 23, 2014 11:20 pm

LOL thanks for all the input from everyone. Main reason I asked is I just didn't know the boats and builders that well when we started looking at these so I asked.

Had a couple on here and 3 dealers tell me one thing and that was don't buy the boat buy the motor because that is your biggest expense going further down the road especially if you decide you really need more power.

Only real thing I noticed is this and I notice these things because of the 6' and 330 pounds that I am, the base for the Premier seats is about the biggest and best I noticed while looking around lol and I know you don't pay extra or make a deal just on that but it does matter.

Have not bought yet and now don't know when we will as we are still looking around.

Again, Thanks

Bryden24shp

#37 Post by Bryden24shp » Sat May 24, 2014 3:56 am

[qu
Soonertoon wrote:You may be married to the ugliest , fattest ,naggin bitch in 3 counties that nobody can believe you married. But if she trips you trigger and makes you happy , what others think is worth zip.
I own a Premier, been on alot of friends Trackers, have no problems with either, but gotta say....
Soonertoon, I divorced that one 14 years ago! :prayer Don't let her read what I wrote, I don't wanna get beat up again!

I have a buddy who has a 31' Party Hut... That boat is absolutely a blast! Ed, you had one, right? They are literally (.) magnets!!!
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#38 Post by badmoonrising » Sat May 24, 2014 8:37 am

Bryden24shp wrote:

I have a buddy who has a 31' Party Hut... That boat is absolutely a blast! Ed, you had one, right? They are literally (.) magnets!!!
32 ft Party Cruiser. The party hut just has a smaller cabin, and yes on the (.)(.) :thumbsup Loved it, but that boat you HAD to leave in a slip and most of the marinas around here raised there rates to $3500 and more a season. I'd rather trailer at those prices and with Canal Days banned, we don't overnight much so I bought the Party Barge. It's still a (.)(.) magnet. Pics to follow later in the season :nana
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD