Drain plugs.

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Aaron557

Drain plugs.

#1 Post by Aaron557 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:52 am

I have an older godfrey that doesnt have drain plugs. A marine store locally said i need to put some in. This is a 74 with 20 foot tubes. Would it be advisable to do this. There are two rubber plugs in the tops of both toons. I bought this last fall and am completely rebuilding it. Had some damage to the tops of the toons where kids had played on it and broken some of the welds into the tubes. This has all been welded and fixed. Was thinking if i had plugs installed on the backs of the tubes could also be used to put in air valves to pressureize it and check for leaks before assembeling it back together. Any idea where to get some of these plugs also to have welded in.

Thank you for any advice. Aaron557
74 Godfrey Sanpan
79 Johnson 55 seahorse
Greentown, IN

toonplayer

#2 Post by toonplayer » Tue May 30, 2006 8:47 am

The ones in the top are the drain plugs I would use. If you have water in the toons pump it out. I guess you could put a drain plug in but I wouldn't

Toonplayer
2005 Crest II RE 115 4stroke Johnson
Lake Hickory NC

Aaron557

pontoon plugs.

#3 Post by Aaron557 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:11 pm

Was looking again and have gotten all the water out. I have it stripped down to nothing and getting ready to rebuild whole thing. tubes had some damage on the tops where kids had jumped on it and pushed supports into tubes. I figure that is where the water got in. Turned them upside down and let them empty for a few days then had them welded. Just need to pressure test them and start putting it back together. Thanks again for your advice on the drain plugs. Aaron557
74 Godfrey Sanpan
79 Johnson 55 seahorse
Greentown, IN