Good Bouys?...

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Bluwolfe

Good Bouys?...

#1 Post by Bluwolfe » Tue May 30, 2006 11:48 am

There Are NO good bouys.... There are some on my lake that try and tell you why they are there......

Don't drive close to the ones that say ROCK on them..... to try and read it... your prop won't like it... :(

all kidding aside... I got close to this bouy to avoid other boats...I thought I was in the clear but ..NOPE... trashed another Prop... bad this time, the whole inner adapter shatered into aluminum puzzel peices.. the lower unit on the motor is fine..thanks to aluminum coming apart so easily

I can't believe I was able to limp her back to my lift.... kept her at 1000 rpm ( if it started to rise i shut her down) and the puzzel must have jammed enought to turn the prop... made it back...

I got the new prop assy ready for next Week end....

I'll attach pix when i get them sized...You like them
04 bennington 2275RL
05 Johnson 90/ 4 stroke
02 trailblazer LTZ

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue May 30, 2006 1:06 pm

Use http://www.imageshack.us/ and it will upload from your computer and resize to the size you check and then you just copy the link and no boxes, just your picture.

Oh and get a prop guard and be happy
http://www.propguardmarine.com/
http://www.allinflatables.com/shopping/ ... uards.html
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

Ngataki

#3 Post by Ngataki » Tue May 30, 2006 7:19 pm

Hi Handymanherb,

I am considering this option .. but don't know which one is the best.. The "PropGuard" seems to have the most convincing ads on their website.. Do you have one and if so what do you recommend ....There are some more threads on this subject and I believe that 6X6 John L. was the only one with a positive users feedback...
Ngataki

Gillgetter 721 Family Cruise
60 HP EFI Bigfoot-scissor jack Genesis trailer

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#4 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue May 30, 2006 8:33 pm

Most of the guys where going for top speed, so big motors and the old prop guard where not up the pressure being put on them, but I think they have it fixed now.

I won't re-post all I put in on the PDB site, but I would give up 5 MPH if I had to for the slow speed directional control gained, by the way I lost one MPH went from 17 to 16 on my old 50
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

Ngataki

#5 Post by Ngataki » Wed May 31, 2006 4:31 am

Tnx .. I read the PDB response...I don't care about top speeds.. I care about safety and peace of mind.. :)
Ngataki

Gillgetter 721 Family Cruise
60 HP EFI Bigfoot-scissor jack Genesis trailer