Looking at another prospective Tow Vehicle...

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

margaritaman

Re: Looking at another prospective Tow Vehicle...

#46 Post by margaritaman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:34 pm

lakerunner wrote:Why are Californians all mouthy fuck heads?
Because they are allowed to smoke that shit legally. :biggrin2
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.

NonHyphenAmerican

#47 Post by NonHyphenAmerican » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Not "All", but most.

Might have something to do with all the extra regulations they have allowed themselves to be saddled with.

If I had to put up with all the idiocy they have to put up with, I'd hope I wouldn't be a "Mouthy Fuck Head", but I'd certainly be a Grumpy Gus.
[color=#FF0000][b]22' G3 SunCatcher V22F
Yamaha F-90
Tooning on El Dorado Reservoir[/b][/color]

babock

#48 Post by babock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Pot meet kettle.
2006 Suntracker Party Barge 21
Mercury 90 4 stroke

ron nh

#49 Post by ron nh » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm

I'll say this, when I owned a landscaping company I kept going from company to company for plow trucks, they all sucked. All my customers were homes so it didn't make sense to buy large diesels. Dodge had front end problems constantly but there motors never gave me problems, actually the motors on the big three didn't have alot of repeat issue's it was always tranny and for me ford was the worst but again all had repeat problems. It's hard to wave the flag and not expect people who are struggling to get by pay check to pay check not to buy foreign when it can save them thousands over the life of the car.The American co's don't give a fuck about you the consumer, GM and Dodge should be gone, They put out products that couldn't compete and got bailed out. Whats so American about that? quick edit, All new "none highway patrol" cop cars up here are suv's.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

babock

#50 Post by babock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:42 pm

ron nh wrote:They put out products that couldn't compete and got bailed out. Whats so American about that?
I totally agree and the Union campaign contributors to the politicians got their way. If the bailout didn't happen all the Union pensions would have gone up in smoke. Instead all the investors got screwed. If you have a 401K or a retirement fund, you are one of the ones that got screwed and the Unions got their money.

BTW, I am a Republican in a sea of democrats in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.
Mercury 90 4 stroke

ron nh

#51 Post by ron nh » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:46 pm

I live 30 minutes from Boston, If you want to argue about who's got it worse, We'll be here for a LOOOONG time. :drink
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

babock

#52 Post by babock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:59 pm

ron nh wrote:I live 30 minutes from Boston, If you want to argue about who's got it worse, We'll be here for a LOOOONG time. :drink
Probably close.
Mercury 90 4 stroke

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#53 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:17 pm

babock wrote:Must make your head explode when you look at your driveway and you see your Obama supported Malibu sitting there. And, to make it worse you bought it in the year he got reelected. :rofl

Do the Dem supporters come to your door asking for donations when they see it?
Once again, the "engineer's* (you're about one of a dozen liberals coming in here claiming to be something they don't have the cranial capacity to do) reading comprehension skills need tweaking. I already stated I did not buy a Malibu, nor would I ever make the mistake of buying a GM. It was also purchased last year by a family member. I recommended against it and that person now sees what a POS GMs are.

This is the guy who PM'd me demanding I ban a longtime member here because he couldn't handle being told to fuck off. :happy

I should've went with my first instinct and pulled out the ban hammer for you being a pussy.

Why are male liberals pussies ? Genetics ?
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

babock

#54 Post by babock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Never voted for a democrat in my life!

I still wonder why you still own it and if you don't own it, why are you taking it in to get fixed all the time! If it really is that bad, just sell the damn thing! Personally, I would never own a Malibu.
badmoonrising wrote:My wife has a 2012 Malibu
So what does that mean exactly? You didn't buy it? Were you given it? Sorry, my crystal ball is not working today.
Last edited by babock on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mercury 90 4 stroke

Sqlightnning

#55 Post by Sqlightnning » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Blessed wrote:Called Jasper engines and transmission, they sell rebuilt engines and trasmissions. An unbiased independent automotive organization. I asked them what their number 1 selling engine is.

His answer: 3 valve 5.4L by far... he said we sell a bunch of em'!

I asked what is the weakness, what causes them to fail?

His answer: Cam phasers
I've never heard of any engines having to be changed b/c a cam phaser went bad. If a mechanic recommended an engine because of that, they are one of the ones that give mechanics a bad name. I have changed a ton of cam phasers. They are a gravy job that bills for about 7 hours and can be done in 4-5 hours comfortably. What engines we have done a lot of is the Nissan 3.5, Dodge 4.7 (absolute garbage motor), and GM 3.5. I would not own a vehicle with any of those engines.

All the manufacturers have their pros & cons. The ls based motors are great motors are great as long as they are not the flex fuel with displacement on demand (plan on paying $2500+ to have that fixed). The ford 3 valve motors are good strong motors as long as you change the plugs around 60k miles so they don't break off in the head when you pull them out (another gravy job). Anything other than cummins in a dodge and you are asking for problems.
20' Leisure Kraft
115 Mercury

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#56 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Blessed wrote:Being a Boating Forum and all... I called up Mercury Marine... guess who's engine blocks they use in the gasoline inboards.... Zero Ford... not one... they have in the past but not anymore.. he mentioned their current 6.2 is their own and the 4.5... the others...GM

Interesting...
Actually Ford hasn't been in the marine business for many decades. All current GM engines are built in Mexico. Mercruiser uses GM to cut costs. Mercruiser I/Os suck, quality has gone way downhill since the Mexican plant started build most of what they sell.

I've had several Mercruisers. If you are going to tell me they are great because they use GM engines, I'm going to keep laughing. Mercruiser has been slowly exiting it's relationship with GM due to all the problems their Mexican made engines have.

Most fleets use Fords, GM engines can't handle severe service. Never could.
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#57 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:29 pm

babock wrote:Never voted for a democrat in my life!

I still wonder why you still own it and if you don't own it, why are you taking it in to get fixed all the time! If it really is that bad, just sell the damn thing!
Did I say I own it ? Not on the title and don't own it. Jesus Christ, you really need to read or have someone read my posts to you before you post
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#58 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:34 pm

babock wrote:
badmoonrising wrote:My wife has a 2012 Malibu
So what does that mean exactly? You didn't buy it? Were you given it? Sorry, my crystal ball is not working today.
Let me speak retard for you since you come across as being a tad slow.

Wife = not me.

Car = not mine. Recommended a Ford Fusion, she thought the Malibu was pretty. Ford dealer has a zero haggle policy.

GM dealer cut the price several thousand to make a deal.

I take it to the dealer because I'm a tech and take no bullshit from the dealer covering their asses like they did with the HHR. In fact, they regret me being there. They have me on a first name basis.

Engineer the fuck out of that post.
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

babock

#59 Post by babock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:40 pm

badmoonrising wrote:Engineer the fuck out of that post.
Sorry..can't improve upon that...freaking hilarious!
:lol:
Mercury 90 4 stroke

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#60 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Blessed wrote:Called Jasper engines and transmission, they sell rebuilt engines and trasmissions. An unbiased independent automotive organization. I asked them what their number 1 selling engine is.

His answer: 3 valve 5.4L by far... he said we sell a bunch of em'!

I asked what is the weakness, what causes them to fail?

His answer: Cam phasers
The guy you talked to must be a fucking idiot, because the cam phasers never cause the engine to fail. At this point, you are talking out of your ass.

There's also more 5.4s on the road than any other make. Ford bodies outlast GM and Dodge, so of course it pays to put an engine in a 15-20 year old truck with a good body. GM bodies seem to rust out in 3 years and their engines rarely make it to 100k, much less 200. You can't polish a turd.
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD