My week in a nutshell

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

TennesseeTooner

My week in a nutshell

#1 Post by TennesseeTooner » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:02 am

Ive only been a toon owner since last august, but i have owned some sort of boat for the last 2 1/2 years. Me and the wife have always said that we wanted to take the kids camping but never got around to it. So this year was the year. I wanted a place that we could tent camp and also beach the boat at our camp site, so we could take it out at a moments notice.

We found a great spot on pickwick lake, and the kicker is that about 2 miles from our camp site, on the 4th, we could ride the boat up and watch the fireworks from the water! !

So we get there, get set up, meet some new friends camping beside us, and everyday from monday to wednesday we are on the water. Wednesday afternoon we take our new friends on the water with us, motor out to the main channel and swim for an hour or so off the boat, and when I tried to crank the motor to get us home it wouldnt fire!

After about 15 minutes of waving a towel another boat pulled us in and I immediatelty took the boat to a local dealership who was running around like crazy from the summer business they were getting. we camped the rest of the week, and as it turned out we could watch the fireworks from where we were camping so that was cool. On the night of the 4th there had to be 500 boats on the water, all bunched up in one area. Not something I wanted to be apart of after all!

Sunday evening I got a call from the dealership and they said that the needle in my carb was bad and that they replaced it for alot less than what I expected to pay.

All in all it was still a great week. 6 days of camping with the family and new friends, and after seeing the boats all jammed together on the 4th, i didnt mind so much not having mine!

Ill post some pics soon!

Take Care :givebeer
Daniel & Jennifer
2000 StarCraft 24 ft "JoyLieu"
2003 40 hp Merc.
Tennessee River
Clifton, Tn