which would you choose

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

C_M_25

Re: which would you choose

#16 Post by C_M_25 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Other than power being an issue, that bigger stall is pretty sweet. I used to store mine on a concrete pad that had a roof with no sides. I was surrounded by big ole RV's so that was kinda like sides I guess. I didn't have any problems with critters. If it is that big of a problem, get this (or something like it):

https://www.amazon.com/Agfabric-10ftx20 ... de+netting

I would like to have the extra space so I can move around the boat easily and work on stuff if I need to without pulling it out from under the protection of the roof. I like to work on things in bad weather to stay occupied.
2014 Sweetwater 2086SW
90 Hp Yamaha 4-stroke

ROLAND

Re: which would you choose

#17 Post by ROLAND » Thu May 04, 2017 2:24 am

C_M_25...... We certainly considered the bigger one.. it is actually cheaper than the smaller totally enclosed unit we ended up renting... But a lot of what Bamby brought up about cats / dogs / snakes could certainly be an issue, and as I stated before... the last thing I want is to be in the middle of the lake and have a big ol snake crawl out at me... plus the smaller unit provides what everyone on this forum says you need to keep a boat looking good... completely out of the rain and sun.... and of course the nice thing is should the size of the unite become an issue, the owner of the facility told me I could just move to the larger unit and they would adjust my payments... I think it's a win win..... my only concern is if being in an enclosed storage unit, if anyone thinks the build up of heat in the unit could damage something on the boat. I don't think so, but I'm no expert.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana