ECO MERCMONITOR

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

zoom650

Re: ECO MERCMONITOR

#16 Post by zoom650 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:25 pm

<I wonder if there is a connector under the dash...I want to say I've seen one on my boat...is it the purple one?>

Yep, the purple one. Unless you've been wired for smart gauges, doubtful there's an available purple terminus under the helm. I didn't have one one mine. I found one but it was in use.
Michael and Laura
'12 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew Ecoboost
'14 Harris Solstice 220, P3 tritoon, Mercury Verado 150, Enertia 14p.
prior boat: '02 Century 2600CC, twin Yamaha EFI 200's, full instruments.

DWRAT

#17 Post by DWRAT » Wed May 17, 2017 3:41 pm

[quote="mpilot"][quote="DWRAT"]Who wants to look at there phone to get info about your motor while boating???[/quote]

I personally already have my phone mounted on the boat for things like Pandora, and an 8 inch tablet that runs Navionics and will eventually run my sonar as well. When a blank dash insert for my boat runs across one of the surplus sites, I am going to buy it. Long term I would like to run three tablets in the place of my normal gauges, one for Navionics, one for Sonar, and one for Vessel View. I'll come up with a flush mount solution, and maybe even a way to seal them so I can leave them on the boat, if not I can take the one tablet now on and off the boat in about 15 seconds in the current setup. I can basically have all touch screen gauges for around $200 plus the cost of the vessel view and sonar. All told, I can have two 8 inch screens for Navigation and Sonar, and a 10 inch for vessel view and have around $700 (including vessel view module and sonar module) into the entire setup which is a heck of a lot less than the normal displays...best part is if a display goes out it's $50-75 to replace.[/quote]

You guys are just way to high tech for me. LOL
2012 SouthBay 722CRO 115hp Merc 4-stroke. Edit, make that a 150hp Merc 4-stroke now.

Nate

#18 Post by Nate » Wed May 17, 2017 4:33 pm

[quote="zoom650"]Hey Nate, looks like you've got a 150. If you're going to install VV yourself, I found my 10 pin terminal under the cowl, behind plastic cover that guarded other wiring, rear starboard side of the engine. That cover unsnapped on top next to a fuse box.[/quote]

I do have the 150, so thanks for the advice!
Apex Qwest LS 822 RLS with two foot extension, triple toon, and Mercury 150

mzodarg

#19 Post by mzodarg » Sun May 21, 2017 1:03 am

Got the mercmonitor installed, also installed a water pressure sensor. It was an easy install, not much to it. Hardest thing was removing the boot on the motor and putting the wire in the engine case. Took about an hour, didn't have a chance to put it on the water but I will today.

I did hook the water to it and ran it about 15 min just to run thru the screens and play with troll control.

Mike
[color=#0000FF]2015 Sun Tracker 22' DLX Fishn Barge-Schwintek power Bimini-Merc Eco Monitor
2015 Mercury 90hp (Simon Motorsports tuned )Command Thrust FourStroke[b] not worth the coin

[/color]

mzodarg

#20 Post by mzodarg » Sat May 27, 2017 2:13 am

Got it out on the water last weekend, MercMonitor worked great, loved the troll control!
[color=#0000FF]2015 Sun Tracker 22' DLX Fishn Barge-Schwintek power Bimini-Merc Eco Monitor
2015 Mercury 90hp (Simon Motorsports tuned )Command Thrust FourStroke[b] not worth the coin

[/color]