premier fuse panel

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

jediger

premier fuse panel

#1 Post by jediger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:45 pm

I've got a 2014 Premier Castaway that I'm hoping to add a few electronic goodies to. In looking at the fuse panel, I can figure out how to take the cover off, and there's a three prong clasp that comes out fairly easily. I can't seem to figure out how to release the panel to be able to wire into the back side of it, however.

Anyone done any playing with their premier fuse panel and have some experiential advice?

All wisdom appreciated!
Attachments
three prong pin small.jpg
three prong pin small.jpg (619.53 KiB) Viewed 5358 times
fuse panel small.jpg
fuse panel small.jpg (360.47 KiB) Viewed 5358 times
fuse panel wt cover small.jpg
fuse panel wt cover small.jpg (261.91 KiB) Viewed 5357 times
Pinawa Bay, Manitoba
2014 Premier Cast-a-way 231, PTX; 2014 Evinrude 250HO ETEC

JLester273

Re: premier fuse panel

#2 Post by JLester273 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:59 am

I guess noone has. I personally haven't and really can't tell from the pics.

Hmmm did you try looking up the part by the numbers on it. You might find an exploded view online that may help
My rebuild thread.
http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24807

Bryden24shp

#3 Post by Bryden24shp » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:24 am

When I was wiring in stuff in my old Premier, I found 4 unused (non power fed, yet) hot wires in the wiring harness. I tapped into those, found where to put the fuse to fire them up and was set. I thought it looked like it would separate by gently prying the 2 halves apart, when I took out the plastic retainer, but then I saw the empty fuse slots and figured since it was all pre-wired, it had to have unfed wires. Here's a pic I found. The wires were in the end of the pigtail.
Hope the case is the same with you. It made it super easy.
Attachments
mnstar wiring.jpg
mnstar wiring.jpg (116.36 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

jediger

#4 Post by jediger » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm

[quote="Bryden24shp"]When I was wiring in stuff in my old Premier, I found 4 unused (non power fed, yet) hot wires in the wiring harness. I tapped into those, found where to put the fuse to fire them up and was set. I thought it looked like it would separate by gently prying the 2 halves apart, when I took out the plastic retainer, but then I saw the empty fuse slots and figured since it was all pre-wired, it had to have unfed wires. Here's a pic I found. The wires were in the end of the pigtail.
Hope the case is the same with you. It made it super easy.[/quote]

Bryden24shp: I knew there had to be something I was missing. Not entirely sure I'm understanding your post so I'm going to attempt to clarify.

If I understand how the fuse panel works (not a guarantee) a main hot wire runs from the battery to the input of the fuse panel, runs the gamut of completed circuits on the panel via fuses and then goes to ground. In this instance the fuses appear to be on the front of the panel and the harness is pre-wired into the back of the panel (that i haven't figure out how to access). The wires from the harness were then run at factory to service bow lights, horn, pumps etc etc.

What your saying is that I should be looking for a short wire in the harness that is wired into the fuse panel, but doesn't go anywhere under the helm. It's just waiting to be to the powercord of my new fishfinder or whatever accessory I might like. Putting an active fuse in the right slot will then make that wire hot and I'm in business.

Am I interpreting that correctly?
Pinawa Bay, Manitoba

Bryden24shp

#5 Post by Bryden24shp » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

Exactly!!! No need to feed a new hot wire into the fuse panel because one of the fuses spade ends is already hot. Find the wire that is connected to the other side of the spade, where the fuse goes, then installing the fuse, will complete your positive circuit. Find the loose wire coiled in the harness, pick one and put a test light on it, then put a fuse into the empty slots. Some of the wires are
'Keyed" hot, so you will need to turn the ignition key to the accessory position. Or turn on the accessory switch, which was how my Premier, was. When the test light lights, you found that wires fuse. If I remember correctly, I had a few 10, 15 and 20 amp empty fuse locations, and the wires were different gauges, that went to the 10,15 and 20 amp fuse locations in the fuse box, so that helped sort out the wires, too. The bigger the wire, the larger amp the fuse that feeds it.
Like I always say, if you guys lived closer to me, I would love to help.

jediger

#6 Post by jediger » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:46 pm

So rather than putting a spade end on the power cord of my accessory and attache it to the fuse panel, I would just splice the power cord to the wire in the harness... I've got some wire testing in my future. Thanks.
Pinawa Bay, Manitoba

Bryden24shp

#7 Post by Bryden24shp » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:18 am

Yep,and pop in a fuse to fire it up!