Trollng motor for 'toon

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

No-Mo-Plug

Trollng motor for 'toon

#1 Post by No-Mo-Plug » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Anyone know of a place or person who is a real authority on installing electric trolling motors on 'toons?. Am seeking the most acceptable way of installing one. I can see no way of mounting my old bow-mount t/m that was used on a bass boat, due to the deck real estate it takes to mount the thing. Then there is that "short wall" about 2' back from the front edge of the bow. What can fit in that space when the t/m is out of the water? I'm thinking doing a reverse transom mount, by implementing an "L" shaped bracket, bolted through the deck. That seems a bit elementary, but if it is what everyone else does, I'd like to know that. I've heard from one fellow awhile back re his home-brew set up . . . appears to be practical, just wonder what others might have to say.

Thanks for any input folks.
16' Palm Beach, Fishing Model

Gary

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:06 pm

I got a gator mount so mine mounted to the left side of the front gate, or where it use to be in between the front fishing seats, and mounted it where I can remove it quick if need be.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

oldmn19

#3 Post by oldmn19 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:56 pm

I have a MinnKota Power Drive trolling motor on a slide on bracket on the frt of my toon. When up it lays flat on the deck with the frt door open. I have the co-pilot remote control, so no foot pedal controller to get in the way. Plus I can control it from any where on the boat. The slide on bracket that mounts on the floor is about 12" long and 7" wide. It's easy to remove or install and I have a plug and 12V battery under the couch. I have fished and used it for 2 days with out charging the battery. It will move the boat well even in a good wind. I really like the set up. Here is the MinnKota site.
http://www.trollingmotordr.com/minnkota_powerdrive.html
2005 Tuscany TS2286FC by Sweetwater
22 ft, 90 hp 4s Yamaha
Lorance 332c GPS/Fishfinder
Minnkota copilot Trolling motor
3 battery's, tandem axle trailer pulled by 05 Dodge Quad Cab Hemi 2x2.