Stains on vinyl floor

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ron nh

Stains on vinyl floor

#1 Post by ron nh » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:41 am

So when I left the launch the boat was spotless, Get home and there's a streaming stain going right down the floor. Looks like someone thru a coke on it but it's not, It will not come off. I was thinking battery acid? Maybe there was water in there and while driving just streamed down. If so has anyone ever had to clean acid of a vinyl floor? The only thing I haven't tried is bleach. The vinyl has a "coating" on it so I think it'll be ok. Any suggestions? Edit to ask if anyone has seen stains on the vinyl but under the coating?
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

zoom650

Re: Stains on vinyl floor

#2 Post by zoom650 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 am

Not sure how battery acid would have leaked, but If you've got a leaker, it'll do it again so you may want to change up to a sealed battery.

It may be too late, but apply a paste of baking soda and water and let it sit a bit. Rinse. See if that helps. If nothing, that neutralizes the acid.

I've got a black stain from under a rear lounger I'm chasing too. My normal boat wash didn't take it off.
Michael and Laura
'12 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew Ecoboost
'14 Harris Solstice 220, P3 tritoon, Mercury Verado 150, Enertia 14p.
prior boat: '02 Century 2600CC, twin Yamaha EFI 200's, full instruments.

BobL

#3 Post by BobL » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 am

I would be surprised if it is battery acid but I have been known to be wrong before.

Before you get too aggressive, go to the Dollar Store and get some LA Simply Awesome Cleaner and give it a try. You may also give a Magic Eraser a try as well.
SOLD - 2009 20' Bentley w/4 Stroke 90hp Mercury
SOLD - 2011 SouthBay 522CR w/115 4 Stroke Mercury
2014 Xcursion 23RF XS package w/150 4 Stroke Mercury

ron nh

#4 Post by ron nh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 am

Yeah I don't think is battery acid, I think it's rust but can't figure out where it came from. I used Awesome, spray 9, and a few other cleaners while I wait for my Amazing by Bio-Kleen to come in tomorrow, None of it did anything. I did make the mistake of putting some baking soda on it, Luckily I rinsed it really fast, It immediately started eating away at the vinyl so I have a little spot that looks like I took a cheese grater to it. I've read that the vinyl and protective layer are 1 piece, Don't know if it's true though. I'm going to let the Amazing set for about 10 minutes, we'll see. So far this stuff is the only cleaner I've found that has taken off all stains that the others haven't but I ran out and forgot to order.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.