sharkhide reviews?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

riplipper

sharkhide reviews?

#1 Post by riplipper » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Getting new toon and dealer says they sharkhide the boat?
Looking online and on here I see some older info and very mixed reviews so I would like to resurrect the topic.

I realize there are no perfect products out there but this one does seem to check a lot of boxes. Most important for me is
will it make it easier to rinse salt water off and will it help protect the metal from the salt. And should I put it on the anodized railings???

Can you guys give me your experience with it. Would be very much appreciated.

thanks
I am the guy at the boat ramp that gives you dirty looks when you are a complete idiot and too stupid to know it.

bradm

Re: sharkhide reviews?

#2 Post by bradm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Congrats on new boat!

Have it on toons of my South Bay. I put on when new in 2016 and do a quick wipe down application beginning of each season. Avoids water line and keeps toon from oxidizing. Can't comment on how would be with saltwater but helps in fresh. We keep boat on lift and inside in winter. I can tell a huge difference from where applied the Shadyside versus on inside of outer tubes and center tube where not applied.

No idea on how would work on anodized metal.

Please post pics and details of new boat :biggrin2
Brad
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brad M.
2019 Manitou Legacy with 350 Suzuki
2016 South Bay 523 Arch. 250 Suzuki SS (sold)

FLOUNDERPOUNDER225

#3 Post by FLOUNDERPOUNDER225 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:17 am

do it, good stuff I'm 100% saltwater. no need on the anodized just wipe the railings down and keep the salt from sitting on them.
Pensacola FL
2015 Berkshire 231 RFC
Yamaha F-150

Strake

#4 Post by Strake » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:43 am

Definitely DO IT....... but do it BEFORE the boat is delivered, or ever put in the water. Best option is to have it put on at the manufacturer as Bennington now does.

I waited 2 years to put it on our Berkshire and had to acid wash it first. I've also helped my buddy mirror polish his 2013 Bennington and then apply Sharkhide. Ton of work.
"Strake"
Richard and Angie
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
2015 Berkshire 233 RFX STS
Yamaha F200 LB