What have you done to make your boat special?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Gonefishing

Re: What have you done to make your boat special?

#16 Post by Gonefishing » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:20 pm

I added a new trolling motor Minnkota 80 pound thrust 24 volt auto deploy and stow. Anchor mode auto pilot, everything runs off a remote so it can operated at any location on the boat. Also has auto tracking. Want to fish a bank more the once. Hit tracking fish the bank the hit return and will go back to starting point and start over.

Next is going to be a fresh water tanks with hose for rinseing off.
Bob Jacksonville, Nc

2013 Excursion X23 RFC
2013 115 Yamaha
Pulled with a Ford King Ranch

Henpecked

#17 Post by Henpecked » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:19 pm

I have another idea. In the bow, I'd like a bench on the starboard and 2 swivel fishing chairs on the port. Between the bench and the chairs, I'd like a table for playing cards, dominoes, eating, etc... I'd like to be able to lower the table to seat level and unfold the bench cushion to cover the table for a Sun deck. Mama(Sugar is her "Grandma name") has a place to Sun bathe and I have a place up front to fish. It maximizes space and has all kinds of uses.

bansil

#18 Post by bansil » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Not much

Removed all seating so we put camp chairs where we want to sit

Can mount 7x7 canopy or 7x8 tent to deck.

Can fish on all sides

Got lights etc to mount this is winter

Will build a fiberglass/wood "center console this winter, so we can both be out of cool or wet breezes and can walk around/fish both sides

Will relocate batteries and fuel tank in front of new console

And front shade cover (less ghetto for next year)

We do have only mmsi capable plotter and vhf on a pontoon here as well as CG off shore safety equipment.

I always fly diver down flag on antenna when swimming and snorkeling....kind of pissed fish cop off when I jumped on 16 and said "----- be careful i have people in the water, dont you see the flag?" He apologized and said have a good day (we were in a cove out of the way, I figured he was coming to check on us, and my response changed his mind) :mrgreen:
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

Henpecked

#19 Post by Henpecked » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:29 pm

bansil wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm
Not much

Removed all seating so we put camp chairs where we want to sit

Can mount 7x7 canopy or 7x8 tent to deck.

Can fish on all sides

Got lights etc to mount this is winter

Will build a fiberglass/wood "center console this winter, so we can both be out of cool or wet breezes and can walk around/fish both sides

Will relocate batteries and fuel tank in front of new console

And front shade cover (less ghetto for next year)

We do have only mmsi capable plotter and vhf on a pontoon here as well as CG off shore safety equipment.

I always fly diver down flag on antenna when swimming and snorkeling....kind of pissed fish cop off when I jumped on 16 and said "----- be careful i have people in the water, dont you see the flag?" He apologized and said have a good day (we were in a cove out of the way, I figured he was coming to check on us, and my response changed his mind) :mrgreen:
That sounds pretty versatile and practical, but Momma wants a living room on water.

Another idea. Mount 12V outlets at all fishing stations for plugging in drop in fishing lights.

TWB

#20 Post by TWB » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:01 am

Sidebar to your topic --

Henpecked - I just realized your mate was shooting at a range in your avatar. At first glance on a smaller screen I thought she was shooting into the freezer! :lol3 :rofl "Kill that damn ice cream!" :happy

I'm out.
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

Rick McC.

#21 Post by Rick McC. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Henpecked wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:23 pm
I found the pump we use at Northern Tool for $89. Self priming, in line, 40 foot head max, 340GPH. It pulls 15 amps, but it won’t need to be turned on for very long at a time. I figure about $120 by the time I get it mounted, wired and plumbed.
I don’t think that’ll give you the pressure that you’re looking for, as that’s less flow than even a smaller bilge or live well pump.

As noted above in Flounderpounder’s post, the pump you need is one like I had on our 24’ Hurricane that ran the sink and shower. It’s basically the same pump that’s been used in campers for many years.
Rick

Sights are for the unenlightened.