Exploring

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Lesau

Exploring

#1 Post by Lesau » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Took our boat out today with another couple. Weather was hot, around 90 degrees, but beautiful otherwise. We are on Lake Martin in Alabama, a huge lake. So we decided to explore some areas we had never seen. What fun! Discovered a couple of marinas we didn’t know about. Ate lunch at a restaurant on the lake. Saw a bald eagle looking for something to eat. I’m not sure I ever stopped smiling.

Les
Lesau

curtiscapk

Re: Exploring

#2 Post by curtiscapk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 am

Excellent! Welcome aboard! We vacation on DI every year, Where in Bama are you?
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Bamaman

#3 Post by Bamaman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:45 am

Martin Lake is a huge (44,000 acre) lake southeast of Birmingham, northwest of Auburn. And it is a premier lake with incredible residences on it. I can see where there are many creeks and sloughs that are not commonly traveled. You still have the Fall leaf season to be out on the water that far south.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

TWB

#4 Post by TWB » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:46 am

Lesau wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:22 pm

What fun! Discovered a couple of marinas we didn’t know about. Ate lunch at a restaurant on the lake. Saw a bald eagle looking for something to eat. I’m not sure I ever stopped smiling.

Les
I have some cousins who live on Lake Martin. They went for a couple of years to vacation... loved it so much they moved there permanently. I expect the restaurant you ate at is the one where they eat quite often (can't remember the name). Big time pontooners!

Welcome to the group. :thumbsup

Enjoy!
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

Lesau

#5 Post by Lesau » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 am

Thanks for the replies and welcome. We dont have a place at the lake, it has become too high dollar now. But we love the water, so the pontoon was the right fit for us.
Lesau

SEAN1951

#6 Post by SEAN1951 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello to all, the exploring part of boating is a lure to freedom. I took our toon out for the second time and it was great. I have own several boats in my life and my great love was a sail boat and I was younger then put this seems to be a great fit for 65. Wish I had made this move some years ago but as they say, better late then never, well my wife named our boat, BETTER LATE THEN NEVER. I have a lot of big ideas with a small wallet! Do plan on putting a 16ft tarp on to help me from getting sun burned again or as usual ( Irish skin ). Had plenty of room with 6 people on board and that is really nice. She is a oldy put goody, 1995 with a 90 mercury. Not as fast as the cabin cruiser and not as slow as the sail boat but she is smooooth !! Really enjoy this site and learned a ton of knowledge and where is the next idea? I AM WAITING!! Take care, have fun and keep your toons above the water line, Jim

bansil

#7 Post by bansil » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:19 am

We agree that exploring is the most fun, after the hurricane vacation relocation a couple weeks ago, we actually visited 3 more of our marinas via pontoon with friends, its fun visiting new places
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com