22' Bass Buggy Tritoon

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

oldtimer

22' Bass Buggy Tritoon

#1 Post by oldtimer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:03 am

I recently purchased a 1989 22' Bass Buggy triton. The center pontoon is only about 6' long and I can't any
information about the boat.

boocat

Re: 22' Bass Buggy Tritoon

#2 Post by boocat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:32 am

Hmmm... https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1989/TRACKER-MARINE

A for sure bass buggy designation?
22ft ?
tritoon ?
could the third log be an "add on" ?

Oldchuck

Re: 22' Bass Buggy Tritoon

#3 Post by Oldchuck » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 am

Oldtimer,
I remember reading either here or on the Bennington board about someone asking a question about a manufacturer that had made a short middle tube tritoon some years ago but stopped. I believe it was your make but after reading Bobcat's post I am just not sure. However, several folks were saying they wondered why they quit making them as they really liked them. They had more speed and supported more weight than a two tube boat. It could have been a design issue or could have been that folks would not pay the additional amount for an increase in performance over the two tube boats. The reports that I remember were that folks liked them and wished they were still made. There are and were several manufacturers that made boats with shorter middle tubes and they did or do perform better than the two tubes but not as well as a full length middle tube. Again, I know that some were made and do believe it was your make but I would not swear to it as it has been awhile since I read the posts. I am sure someone will answer that has more exercise than I do on the subject..