Marine Parts Warehouse ?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

jpmathers

Marine Parts Warehouse ?

#1 Post by jpmathers » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:40 pm

I think I finally settled on a motor. Marine parts Warehouse has a rebuilt and new paint 01 merc 75hp 4 stroke, I think it should do what I need instead of 115, huge savings and 3 hrs closer. There is absolutely nothing around The Columbus, Ohio area. I've seen reviews on this place but anybody can type anything I thought I would look for someone with personal experience. Have you or anyone you know have any dealings with marine parts warehouse in Kentucky? Thanks for any input.

bansil

Re: Marine Parts Warehouse ?

#2 Post by bansil » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Over all websites I have been, 1 thing is true Rebuilt outboards do not last UNLESS you do it yourself and follow all clearances and torque values etc.

I would spend moar and buy new with a 10 or what ever year warranty...or rebuild myself

Go onto "the hull truth dot com" and google rebuilds as well as "iboats dot com", a lot of bad stuff.

JUST MY .02 :mrgreen:
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

Liquid Asset

#3 Post by Liquid Asset » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 pm

I don't know anything about that seller but I can agree about rebuilt outboards. I've been there and it matters who is doing the work. Had one go out in about 20 hours . My current motor was rebuilt by a close friend (professional mechanic) and it's going on six years runs perfect. If buying a rebuild check on the warranty. If you're a long distance away it will make it harder to get fixed should something happen.
Also if you're looking at a 75h.p check if a 115 is available. It's the same motor (weight/size) just different set ups/tuning.
2018 Tahoe ltz elite windshield powered by a 175 Mercury verado with sea legs
Rebuilt custom 20' 1983 riviera cruiser tritoon SOLD

2017 crew cab F-350 gets me to the lake !

steve1313

#4 Post by steve1313 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:06 am

I can't comment on that particular seller either, but like the others have said, I'd really think twice about the rebuilt. In your original repower post you were debating between a 60, 75 or 115HP. Most everyone recommended the largest option.

It appears you've decided to go with a smaller option, and a rebuilt one at that. So your plan is run the smaller engine harder than you would a larger HP. Add in the unknown quality of the re-build and your risk factor is high. If that budget is that tight, maybe the best option is wait a season and save a few bucks before repowering.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

riplipper

#5 Post by riplipper » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:59 am

steve1313 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:06 am
I can't comment on that particular seller either, but like the others have said, I'd really think twice about the rebuilt. In your original repower post you were debating between a 60, 75 or 115HP. Most everyone recommended the largest option.
It appears you've decided to go with a smaller option, and a rebuilt one at that. So your plan is run the smaller engine harder than you would a larger HP. Add in the unknown quality of the re-build and your risk factor is high. If that budget is that tight, maybe the best option is wait a season and save a few bucks before repowering.
Completely agree
I am the guy at the boat ramp that gives you dirty looks when you are a complete idiot and too stupid to know it.

rbtnt

#6 Post by rbtnt » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 pm

I know of 3 - 4 year old low hour 115 4 stroke Mercury that just came up for sale in the Zanesville, OH area. If you are interested I can put you in contact with the owner.
2020 Bennington 23 SSRXP Mercury 250 Pro XS
www.mtboats.com - Links to all types of powerboat resources

jpmathers

#7 Post by jpmathers » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:16 am

That would be great.