Impressed

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

shoundog

Impressed

#1 Post by shoundog » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:34 pm

As it says I am impressed. I ordered my bimini top on Thursday from Pontoon Stuff and got it today Saturday.
although its a rainey foggie day I just had to open it and check out the fabric. Impressed again heavy duty with good looking seams. Only time will tell but I think it will due. Doug

luckydogs

Re: Impressed

#2 Post by luckydogs » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Thank you for posting, Wife was talking just today about extending Bimini top to front of pontoon, my worries of ordering online are quality of the material used

shoundog

#3 Post by shoundog » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:24 am

My old top was made with Sunbrela and has held up well for 13 years. The only thing wrong with it was zippers wore out and to small. Cost to replace zippers was going to be $220. If I was going to spend that I might as well get a new bigger one. After I get the new one on I may see if I can get the 6ft old one to fit the front and go ahead and replace the zippers. That would give me almost full coverage on an 18ft pontoon. Doug

TWB

#4 Post by TWB » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 am

shoundog wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:24 am

After I get the new one on I may see if I can get the 6ft old one to fit the front and go ahead and replace the zippers.
My wife replaced the zippers on ours. She ordered the large nylon zippers for not much $. Now, she's pretty handy with a sewing machine, but she says anyone with a heavy-duty enough machine can do it. Saved TONS $$.
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife