Suntracker Bass Buggy owners

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Evowayz

Suntracker Bass Buggy owners

#1 Post by Evowayz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:10 am

I’ve search the topics and I’m looking for owners of the same toon as mine. I have a ton of questions for that boat and hopefully someone has done or has knowledge of how to do upgrades.
2018 Suntracker Bass Buggy 18dlx 75hp

bansil

Re: Suntracker Bass Buggy owners

#2 Post by bansil » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 pm

In theory a pontoon is a pontoon. Different sizes and different layouts

All/most will be aluminum pontoons, with aluminum C, Z channel or tubes connecting pontoons together.
Next step is marine plywood and then floor with seats next.

What is the questions you have? They may be general ones
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

boocat

#3 Post by boocat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:40 pm

ok, fire away.

boocat

#4 Post by boocat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:02 am

boocat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:40 pm
ok, fire away.
......or not

Evowayz

#5 Post by Evowayz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Sorry for the delay and thanks for taking the time to respond. So on the bass buggy under the console I put a 12volt battery to run the minn kota tm. Works great. The question I have is since that battery is some distance from the main battery compartment. I want to utilize a on board charger. Has anyone done this? If so what do you recommend. The other question is can I charge the TM battery while running the main battery.
2018 Suntracker Bass Buggy 18dlx 75hp

boocat

#6 Post by boocat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:15 am

I use two promariner pro sport chargers, one single bank on the motor battery and a 2 bank for my 2 troll batteries. I run a 24 volt troll motor. The charger for the troll batts is located under the console with one of the batteries and a charge line runs under the boat and comes back up into the port lounge for the second troll battery along with the cable that connects the 2 batteries. The charger for the motor battery is in the aft batt compartment and is independent from the rest of the system. While at the dock or on the trailer at home , both chargers are on one extension cord via a duplex adapter. I chose to go with 2 smaller chargers instead of one big 3 bank charger. Just seemed better that way. As far as charging from the motor, it can be done but don't be expecting to have a full charge for the next day if you have been trolling all day and just make a run back to the dock. The motor alternator just cant provide that much and remember it has to keep the motor battery charged too. I saw where you had posted in the recent very extensive troll motor thread. It's all good info and covers alot of issues. As far cable length, commercial extensions for either connecting batteries or lengthening charge lines are available. I think most would agree that putting a full charge back in the batteries with just running around the lake a little is just not very feasible. Not to say that you can't run maybe 2 days without a charge, it all depends on how much you use the motor and size of battery. Two batteries would do you much better than one. I feel confident after seeing how my system performs that I could probably get 2 days fishing on a a charge with moderate use. You might consider 2 batteries for your troll motor.