New vinyl floor For 96 Fisher Pontoon with PLASTIC DECKING

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

rockfordpi

New vinyl floor For 96 Fisher Pontoon with PLASTIC DECKING

#1 Post by rockfordpi » Wed May 22, 2019 9:04 pm

I am redoing a 96 24' Fisher Pontoon boat that has 1" plastic/ABS type decking. I want to go with something other than carpet. The problem I have is that the deck is held down by screws that have heads about the same diameter and thickness as a quarter (think about a nail with the head the size of a quarter). These are placed at the seams.

So, imagine a deck with quarters on it spaced about 2 x 4. I never noticed these showing through the carpet, but I am afraid they will telegraph through the vinyl. Any processes or product recommendations to deal with this?

I am looking at at least 80 mill vinyl, possibly marideck or infinity luxury woven vinyl, but I am open to anything that is durable and maintenance free in that price range. I am not sure about the EVA foam products.

Ideas or suggestions?

FLOUNDERPOUNDER225

Re: New vinyl floor For 96 Fisher Pontoon with PLASTIC DECKING

#2 Post by FLOUNDERPOUNDER225 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 am

Just addressing the issue of the fasteners showing through, you could laminate FRP to the deck using water proof adhesive (same stuff for your vinyl) they are thin and light weight and would give you a smooth even surface to put your vinyl flooring down on. If you don't know what FRP is; you've seen it in commercial bathrooms on the walls, they sell it at Lowes and HD in 4 x 8 panels.
Pensacola FL
2015 Berkshire 231 RFC
Yamaha F-150