Leisure Island pontoon rebuild

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Charlie15

Leisure Island pontoon rebuild

#1 Post by Charlie15 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:26 am

I am in the process of rebuilding a Leisure Island Pontoon boat. Not really sure on the year. I’m thinking 1984. It has a Quicksilver throttle and Mercury engine. Not too familiar with boat engines but i believe it is a 300hp

In order to install the throttle after the new decking i need to disassemble the throttle cables and wiring to fish it through the deck. I cannot seem to figure out how the throttle comes apart.

The button on the throttle comes off but there is a plastic piece inside. I’ve read of some have screws or allen heads. I don’t see any of those. Any advice would be helpful.

FLOUNDERPOUNDER225

Re: Leisure Island pontoon rebuild

#2 Post by FLOUNDERPOUNDER225 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 am

What you probably have is a 30 HP Mercury, the older models added a zero on the end of the numbers on the cowling, like a 750 would be a 75HP. as far as the controls go, if this is all 1984 original stuff, you should probably replace the control cables, as far as disassembling, you can remove them from the engine end at the shift point and the throttle and just pull them back towards the console, if your re-decking the boat, just remove the whole console with the controls attached and set it aside. pictures always help if you get some uploaded on here.
Pensacola FL
2015 Berkshire 231 RFC
Yamaha F-150