Options when ordering a boat?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

mgarvie

Options when ordering a boat?

#1 Post by mgarvie » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Always wondered about the options available when ordering a new boat. Do you have to choose between packages or can everything be an option?

For an example, I use my boat for cat fishing and a floating pickup for camping gear. I have one chair, a console, and a gas/battery box. I like the open space for walking around fighting a fish or hauling gear from one campsite to another. Can I order a boat with the bare minimum on the deck?

FogHorn

Re: Options when ordering a boat?

#2 Post by FogHorn » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:23 pm

I don’t mean to come across as a “smart alec” but, wouldn’t this be a question to ask of the people selling the type/model of boat you in which you are interested? (I doubt if many of us forum participants are salesmen for the brand of boat you are considering and/or can speak with authority for the seller.)
It is likely that some boat mfr’s will accept a “custom order” provided you’re willing to wait for it, but again you’ll have to ask the sales representative of the brand.
2015 SouthBay 522FRC w/ F150 Yamaha
1983 Conroy X18 w/ Volvo 125 I/O

steve1313

#3 Post by steve1313 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:59 am

As Foghorn says, talk to the dealer(s) of the boat brand that you are considering. Another good source are the manufacturers website. Just about all of them have extensive "build a boat" sections that let you configure a boat in a variety of ways, but if you don't see what you want, ask the dealer.

I'm pretty sure you can get a boat built just about any way you want. Since your build sounds atypical, it's going to up to the dealer to walk you through it.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

bansil

#4 Post by bansil » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:20 am

Your idea of the perfect boat is the same as ours :mrgreen:
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

Bamby

#5 Post by Bamby » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:06 am

I kind of always considered options as something added to a package, not something taken away. Anyway to get a stripped boat you're almost assured it's going to be a special order by any of the recognized manufactures. You could contact Fire & Marine and see what they'd charge to fab you one up, or for what you're wanting I'd haft to consider Bill.

You would need a freed up trailer but your not all that far away as to be able to pick up all the components yourself and you could build for yourself exactly what you want and likely save yourself enough money to keep yourself in bait for a season or two.

https://www.billsboatstuff.com/ BILL'S BOAT STUFF
Bill's Boat Stuff offers factory blemished and used pontoon boat logs, tubes, floats, custom built transom tubes, center tubes, Transom pans, C-channel, marine plywood, deck carpet and vinyl, deck edging, railing, bimini frames and tops, consoles, seating, seat pedestals, furniture, gauges, marine electrical items, etc. with which to outfit your boat. Take a float through our shop to see specific items and Happy Boating!
Respect Our Recreational Resources
Leaving Only "The Footprints of Your Passing"

Boating the Muskingum River
1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
2007 90 hp. Yamaha