forum usage

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

chunkersabre

forum usage

#1 Post by chunkersabre » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:41 am

Most forums are set so that the newest posting brings that thread to the top rather than keep it buried down the list. Makes it easier to find new info rather than wade through old postings. Another suggestion is to have a technology section so that questions about lighting, radios, etc are readily available and separated from "all the other posts". This isn't my forum so the owners can set it how they want but I'm finding this forum to not be very helpful. Yes I know, don't let the door hit me on the way out.
Barletta E24QC

G3 LX 20 F/C SOLD

steve1313

Re: forum usage

#2 Post by steve1313 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:51 am

Whenever I visit, I just click on the "unread posts" link on the upper right hand side. That gets me everything new since last time I was here. You may have to mark all posts read one time, but after that you'll only see all the new stuff!
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

Steiner

#3 Post by Steiner » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 am

chunkersabre wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:41 am
Most forums are set so that the newest posting brings that thread to the top rather than keep it buried down the list. Makes it easier to find new info rather than wade through old postings.
I thought that was default, or maybe it's just the ten stickies getting in the way? Click the drop down by your user name, then click the "user control panel". From there select the tab for "board preferences" and on the right you'll see "edit display options". The three in the middle are how the topics display. Set those three drop down menus from top to bottom to "All Topics" - "Post Time" - "Descending" ....that should set it up like you're used to.
2019 G3 SunCatcher V322 SS tritoon, Yamaha F200
2019 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4, 3.5L EcoBoost Max Trailer Tow Package

chunkersabre

#4 Post by chunkersabre » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:57 am

Thanks I'll check those settings.
Barletta E24QC

G3 LX 20 F/C SOLD