Any thoughts about Sun Tracker boats?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

DocPit

Any thoughts about Sun Tracker boats?

#1 Post by DocPit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:18 pm

I'm thinking about buying my first boat. My general impression is that Sun Trackers are "economy class" boats, v.s. "high end" Benningtons for example. I was looking at a Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 XP3. It seems like that's a lot of boat for the money (https://www.suntrackerboats.com/boat/in ... ?boat=4634). That, of course, raises the question of build quality. The Sun Trackers appear to get good online reviews. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with those boats.

ROLAND

Re: Any thoughts about Sun Tracker boats?

#2 Post by ROLAND » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:11 am

DocPit wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:18 pm
I'm thinking about buying my first boat. My general impression is that Sun Trackers are "economy class" boats, v.s. "high end" Benningtons for example. The Sun Trackers appear to get good online reviews. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with those boats.

Try not to get too caught up in that "entry" level vs. high end ( bennington ). I say that because it can be a bit misleading. For example I have a Bennington, but it is one of Bennington's entry level boats. Has served me well for 9 seasons now. As for Sun Trackers.. never owned one myself but I have 2 friends that own them and I've never heard them complain... I'm sure there are some sun tracker owners on this forum and hopefully they'll chime in and help you out. Good luck with it all.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

parker23

Re: Any thoughts about Sun Tracker boats?

#3 Post by parker23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:15 am

I looked at 3 boat Bennington, Sun tracker, and Manitou I would have bought the sun tracker but got a better deal on the Manitou. Friend of my has a sun tracker it a great boat in my price range. He has no problem getting anything fixed. the Bennington is a boat the has a lot of things i don't need that drives the price up. I am fortunate to have 5 or so manufacturer to choose from.Like i said my friend loves his. We are in saltwater too?
1996 180CC off shore 125 Force [sold]
2000 1801CC Parker 115 yamaha [sold]
2008 2320SL Parker sport cabin 250 yamaha four stroke [sold]
2018 22ft Aurora Manitou 115 E-tec