TROLLING MOTOR

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Post Reply
Message
Author
parker23
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 pm
Location: Longneck, Delaware

TROLLING MOTOR

#1 Post by parker23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:54 am

Wanted to see what u guys thought? Minn kota vs motor guide need some advice on which one to buy. motor guide Xi5 70lbs 60" shaft or minn kota riptide ulterra 80lbs 60" s
haft. the saltwater version 2018 22ft Manitou 115 E-tec with battery charger
or another manufacturer need wireless remote don't think i need GPS. I'll be fishing Rehoboth bay, Indian river bay and Lewes canal all in Delaware
1996 180CC off shore 125 Force [sold]
2000 1801CC Parker 115 yamaha [sold]
2008 2320SL Parker sport cabin 250 yamaha four stroke [sold]
2018 22ft Aurora Manitou 115 E-tec

jediger
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:24 am

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#2 Post by jediger » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 am

Ford vs Chevy or Apple vs Android type question. The 80# thrust and 60" shaft should work fine. Each make networks better with a different fish finder. Minnkota networks with Humminbird and Motor Guide networks with Lowrance. Which fishfi der were you thinking of using?

And depending on how you fish, GPS is essential for the spot lock/anchor function which is the cat's meow!

Just my 2 cents.
Pinawa Bay, Manitoba
2014 Premier Cast-a-way 231, PTX; 2014 Evinrude 250HO ETEC
2009 Chevy Traverse LTZ with tow package

parker23
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 pm
Location: Longneck, Delaware

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#3 Post by parker23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:31 am

I have a Garmin not looking to change? I would if needed. I'm only asking because I've never owned a trolling motor? I also not sure how all those things work that u talked about.
1996 180CC off shore 125 Force [sold]
2000 1801CC Parker 115 yamaha [sold]
2008 2320SL Parker sport cabin 250 yamaha four stroke [sold]
2018 22ft Aurora Manitou 115 E-tec

parker23
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 pm
Location: Longneck, Delaware

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#4 Post by parker23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:15 am

the Minn Kota riptide terrova and ulterra both come iPilot and iPilot link? I'm trying to find witch one hold up better in saltwater.
1996 180CC off shore 125 Force [sold]
2000 1801CC Parker 115 yamaha [sold]
2008 2320SL Parker sport cabin 250 yamaha four stroke [sold]
2018 22ft Aurora Manitou 115 E-tec

jediger
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:24 am

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#5 Post by jediger » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:27 pm

parker23 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:15 am
the Minn Kota riptide terrova and ulterra both come iPilot and iPilot link? I'm trying to find witch one hold up better in saltwater.
I believe the riptide IS the saltwater option. I pilot comes with the spotlock I was talking about. Link isn't as useful to you if you are running Garmin's fish finders. I would save money and just get ipilot. The difference between terrova and ulterra is primarily the auto stow and deploy. You can find videos showing this online.
Pinawa Bay, Manitoba
2014 Premier Cast-a-way 231, PTX; 2014 Evinrude 250HO ETEC
2009 Chevy Traverse LTZ with tow package

parker23
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 pm
Location: Longneck, Delaware

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#6 Post by parker23 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:17 pm

I was asking minn kota vs motor guide witch one holds up better in saltwater
1996 180CC off shore 125 Force [sold]
2000 1801CC Parker 115 yamaha [sold]
2008 2320SL Parker sport cabin 250 yamaha four stroke [sold]
2018 22ft Aurora Manitou 115 E-tec

riplipper
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Jax Florida

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#7 Post by riplipper » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:30 pm

parker23 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:17 pm
I was asking minn kota vs motor guide witch one holds up better in saltwater
You will find praise and complaints on both. I would purchase the one your local dealer sells and services.
90% of trolling motors run for many years with zero issues. the other 10% are in the shop constantly. If you do happen to get
a lemon, hopefully buying local gets you good, fast service.
I am the guy at the boat ramp that gives you dirty looks when you are a complete idiot and too stupid to know it.

Dennis J. Aitken
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:07 am

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#8 Post by Dennis J. Aitken » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:32 pm

You have GOT to check this out!
http://trollmayte.com/
I was looking at my E-Mail the other day and this thing was on Pinterest.
I will really be looking into installing this because it won't be a tripping hazard.

riplipper
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Jax Florida

Re: TROLLING MOTOR

#9 Post by riplipper » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:42 am

neat idea, My computer would not play the video though.
curious if they have put one on a tri toon?
I am the guy at the boat ramp that gives you dirty looks when you are a complete idiot and too stupid to know it.

Post Reply