Adding toolbox and maybe more to trailer

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

dvision

Adding toolbox and maybe more to trailer

#1 Post by dvision » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:47 am

Buying new boat and thinking about adding a large(XXXL) toolbox to the front. Be a place to put spare stuff up and maybe including hauling a motorcycle. The trailer I use for hauling seed for the farm has had 8' flat deck added that is very handy and not thinking I need 8' but just thinking. I know it could get way outta hand but don't care. Looking for suggestions/tips/pictures of what others might have done. Woke up early today wondering if I should add onto the trailer they are selling me with the boat or buying a used trailer and modifying it to my needs. I enjoy a project and hate to buy a new trailer then cut it up when there may be a better direction. Thanks in advance and appreciate input. First post here!

TWB

Re: Adding toolbox and maybe more to trailer

#2 Post by TWB » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:15 am

HA! Started to say Welcome, but realize you've been here sleeping for dang near 5 years! :lol3 :lol3 So...... Glad you're awake! Can't offer a thing on your project except that I hope it goes well and hope you'll post some pics.
Last edited by TWB on Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

bansil

#3 Post by bansil » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Go big just watch tounge wt,
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

dvision

#4 Post by dvision » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Didn't realize it had been 5 years! I know it has been a while that we were thinking boat but things got in the way. Plans coming together on what I should do as far as adding on and now deciding how much to go. Also started thinking about putting an air deflector from the top of a semi in front of my addition. I guess I need it to warm up so I can get distracted by some work.