Anyone in Janesville, Wisconsin area?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Dennis J. Aitken

Anyone in Janesville, Wisconsin area?

#1 Post by Dennis J. Aitken » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Looking to share thought & ideas and maybe learn.
I am also new to boating. I have been on boats but never owned or operated one (YET).
I am quite handy as I have literally rebuilt the house we are in and in the process of rebuilding my new parts pontoon boat.
Some people say there are only two times a guy is really happy; when he buys his boat and when he sells his boat. I must be strange because I LOVE rebuilding this thing because it will be just the way I like it. Anyway... I have OCD so everything has to be just so, especially the electrical.
So... if you are from the Janesville area we live in Orfordville which isn't so far.
Give me a shout and we can shoot the breeze some day.
Not that I am boring but I don't drink or smoke and I'm not "looking for someone" cause I'm taken.

bansil

Re: Anyone in Janesville, Wisconsin area?

#2 Post by bansil » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Welcome :tassles

Go visit https://www.boatus.org/free/ free boating course and great knowledge base

ETA...course is recognized by most if not all states, check yours for boating license requirements IF needed
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

illinoid

#3 Post by illinoid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:33 pm

When we lived in Illinois we liked launching at the Rockford Sports Core. Lots to see up and down the river just watch the height of the bridges as you get near the center of town, almost took off my bimini on a low bridge one day, slammed a hard reverse just in time...lesson learned. Sports Core is off the main channel so you don't have to deal with the current. lots of free parking.
[color=#FF0000]SOLD[/color]1975 24 ft Kayot, 1980 70hp Johnson formerly "Joy Toy", now named "Waterlogged" Sold
'03 F250 Powerstroke
2 60's 17ft Richline canoes Sold one

A place for everything...Everything out of place!

Dennis J. Aitken

#4 Post by Dennis J. Aitken » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:13 pm

bansil wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Welcome :tassles

Go visit https://www.boatus.org/free/ free boating course and great knowledge base

ETA...course is recognized by most if not all states, check yours for boating license requirements IF needed
Wow! Great information.
I'm not quite done building the boat as of yet. There are a few more things that keep slowing me down.
The heat, humidity or it raining! are the 3 things that have really been a pain in the back side this year.
Yes, as soon as I am finished I want to take the course, and also have the USCG check the entire boat out.
I know it is much safer than when I purchased it. Example: The fence was only screwed down to the deck.
When I installed everything it was with bolts, washers & Nylock (nylon-insert lock nut) nuts.

bansil

#5 Post by bansil » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 pm

:thumbsup
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com