Prop question for Liquid Asset

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Horsepen

Prop question for Liquid Asset

#1 Post by Horsepen » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:11 am

Rather than continuing to hijack the other thread, I started this one. LA, you said switching to a 4-blade prop might help with my ventilation/blow out issues. So, as promised, I began rummaging around on the web. What I seem to be finding out is that four blade props tend to give one stern lift. If this is meant only for bass boats, OK. But stern lift is just what I don’t need. Your thoughts please.

bansil

Re: Prop question for Liquid Asset

#2 Post by bansil » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 pm

I was having issues with ours brand new to us (1990 model, I was over in the litter box so I didnt buy it new) :mrgreen:
For our use of cruising/chillin a 4 blade was recommended

Google prop gods they are 100% legit, they gave me a base line of what to look for

I went looking for a prop and found a brand NIB 4 blade made specifically for a pontoon with the suzuki 90 I have :shock: I snatched it up, box was so faded by the sun...it made my big azz heavy toon a new boat, the low end tourqe is out of here! Perfect for what we do.

High speed.... :happy
I dont think so ....... 12mph is cruisin 20 mph is wound out, trimmed down running from a storm....storms have been faster so far :( :P
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

Liquid Asset

Re: Prop question for Liquid Asset

#3 Post by Liquid Asset » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:00 pm

The 4 blade prop made my old boat a totally new vessel! On a low HP pontoon top speed will not be lost. Any lift you gain is a plus. My motor could be half out of the water and tractor along lol. For the low cost of an aluminum prop it's worth a try, I think you'll be pleased!
2018 Tahoe ltz elite windshield powered by a 175 Mercury verado with sea legs
Rebuilt custom 20' 1983 riviera cruiser tritoon SOLD

2017 crew cab F-350 gets me to the lake !