Old boat scars and memories

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

lakerunner
Site Moderator

Old boat scars and memories

#1 Post by lakerunner » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:38 am

If you have an old toon like Betty and Me when you look at dings and scratches or dents I am sure you have a story to go with it,

Our toon is 16yr old, we have had lots of good times and some not so good but still they are memories we cherish.

Ours has all kind of battle wounds from dent in front corner from a tree in middle of lake (who would have guessed it would be there). scratches and dings where my Daughter took it to party cove and used no bumpers tying to other boats. Have others to remind us of all the fun we have had in the 16 years we have owned the boat.
We participated in an on lake wedding, to twice a guest got a call for a death in the family. One of my closest friends who died from cancer ask to have his ashes spread on the lake.

I am 73 now and it's getting harder every year to keep it going. Things I used to do to maintain the boat I now have to pay to have done. When we give it up it will be passed on to our son and daughter. We have been lucky to have kept the boat under cover it's whole life so it still looks pretty good.

Would love to hear of your stories about your boat scars
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

bradm

Re: Old boat scars and memories

#2 Post by bradm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Wow. Great post.

Appreciate you sharing your wisdom about what is really important.

Seems like too many folks think that he who has the most toys when you did wins. Maybe the better thought is he whose toys have created the best memories for friends and family is the real winner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brad M.
2019 Manitou Legacy with 350 Suzuki
2016 South Bay 523 Arch. 250 Suzuki SS (sold)

Liquid Asset

#3 Post by Liquid Asset » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:10 am

Waiting on the graphics still but the name going on our boat is "memory bank". Not too many marks on the new one yet but the old rebuild boat had a few for sure. I always hated finding another mark or ding etc but I always got used to them being there. After enjoying it for 9 years it was sad watching it get towed away with new owner. Talking about the fun times and adventures with my wife a kids we knew there would be more on the new vessel. That's were the "memory bank" idea came from.
2018 Tahoe ltz elite windshield powered by a 175 Mercury verado with sea legs
Rebuilt custom 20' 1983 riviera cruiser tritoon SOLD

2017 crew cab F-350 gets me to the lake !

bansil

#4 Post by bansil » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:38 am

Hope your kids are on the site, if not push them a little our way :thumbsup

Our older trucks were that way, we still have 1 left as a yard ornimate, only because of memories

We where talking about it last weekend, 2 glasses of wine, remember when you "wife driving"

1) put it on its side at Tellico TN, and watch cj locos roll his brand new paint job down lower 2

2) hitting the tree on rocky mount at Uwharrie NC

3) winching up helicopter pad at Harlan KY

4) how many dings and creases from flopping at Callalantee TN

On and on.....

Hope to get on lake with or son tonight for a sunset cruise :alright

Memory bank is awesome name :thumbsup
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com