Ranger Pontoons and Cabelas

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Lilguy

Ranger Pontoons and Cabelas

#1 Post by Lilguy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Anyone here have experience with Ranger Pontoons and Cabelas as a boat dealer? Thanks all.

steve1313

Re: Ranger Pontoons and Cabelas

#2 Post by steve1313 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:23 am

Ranger is Cabela's/Bass Pro's brand. They share the same ownership group. Pricing is fixed, so there's no negotiating. They treat a boat purchase the same as a fishing lure purchase. The price is the price. When I was shopping 3 years ago, I did look at their offerings, and I thought they were significantly higher priced than other comparable brands.

In my opinion, the downside of having them as your dealer is they have no way for you to test drive the boat in the water, or any way to test it after a repair. To me it would be the same as buying a car from somewhere you can't test drive it, and if something goes wrong you can't take them out for a cruise to show them exactly what the problem is.

Obviously they sell a lot of boats, but I'd prefer to have a dealer that's on or near the water.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

Lilguy

Re: Ranger Pontoons and Cabelas

#3 Post by Lilguy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Thanks for the input.They do a nice package. Well built boat, great trailer (4wheel discs, coated) and 150 Merc engines. 49,350.00. On my lake system low 60’s with less trailer, one axle brakes for something comparable if you can find anything. Ive bought 3 previous boats in 30 years, all on the water, 2 were nightmares. Ranger known for quality products?