Boat Sales really are HOT!!!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

steve1313

Boat Sales really are HOT!!!

#1 Post by steve1313 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:58 am

So my friend has been thinking about upgrading his 19' SeaRay bow rider for awhile. I've tried to convince him to get a pontoon, but he always counters that he doesn't need to because I have one. LOL. Since we slip next to each other, it's really pretty true.

He routinely scans the website of the marina/dealer where we've both bought boats in the past, to see if anything interesting pops up in the used market. Sure enough, a 25' Sea Ray SLX that we both looked at new two years ago was now for sale used. Turns out the original buyer bought it, put it in the boatel for two years, and NEVER used it. So he's selling it. My buddy put a deposit on it, but the contingency was he had to sell his boat within a week. So we dropped his boat off a the dealer yesterday morning at 10:30, so they could try and broker/sell it for him. Three hours later, his boat was sold!! We also found out in that three hours, there were three more offers for the boat he wants to buy.

It's a crazy market. So if anybody is thinking about selling, now is a great time to do it. Of course, if you want to replace your current boat, inventory is slim and waits for new boats are months long.!!
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

Steiner

Re: Boat Sales really are HOT!!!

#2 Post by Steiner » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:38 am

Run your car value on Carvana, too. Was offered $4k more for my truck than what I paid for it. Thinking about selling my truck and boat, then buying next year when 2008 hits again.
2019 G3 SunCatcher V322 SS tritoon, Yamaha F200
2019 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4, 3.5L EcoBoost Max Trailer Tow Package

Marc K

Re: Boat Sales really are HOT!!!

#3 Post by Marc K » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Steiner wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:38 am
Run your car value on Carvana, too. Was offered $4k more for my truck than what I paid for it. Thinking about selling my truck and boat, then buying next year when 2008 hits again.
Yep, it's coming. People seem to only temporarily learn to live within their means, then they start living larger than they should - so the debt ratio sneaks up. When a calamity hits, they get T'boned even though they know better.

With the coming huge wave of mortgage defaults, it is a good time to have nice clean rental properties available. People paying large mortgage/truck/boat/credit card payments will be looking for a nice place to live that is OK for their family - not ghetto. They will be willing to pay for it because the payments for their toys are gone. Duplex's in good neighborhoods will become a thing.

Marc
Big and ugly but we love our 1999/2000 Crest II DL with a Yamaha F115