Could really use some help finding a ladder!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Nolin17

Could really use some help finding a ladder!

#1 Post by Nolin17 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:10 am

Hello everyone, new to here, but hoping that you all can help me out with finding a ladder for my father-in-laws boat.

The problem: The pontoon is a 2001 Suncruiser Trinidad 240. Recently the bottom half of the ladder snapped off in the water due to corrosion and wearing away over time.

Why haven't I got a solution yet: The way the ladder attaches to the boat is a combination of fixture to both the back deck itself, as well as the back of the toon. This requires that the ladder have a special extension arm from the rear that I able to connect it to the toon. I have looked for this part everywhere, but cannot find an exact replacement ladder anywhere. I am afraid it is now obsolete. I have attached pictures below to show the measurements of the ladder to give an idea of what im talking about. If you'll notice, there is only 7" of "shelf" room on the back of the deck, which limits any options at aftermarket ladders that are usually at least 11" deep.

https://imgur.com/a/lIv8opz This is the only ladder I can find that MAY be able to do the job, but again, it will not attach to the toon like the factory ladder, so I dont know how well it will work.

Do you all have any experience will finding a replacement ladder? Its almost as if a custom ladder would have to be made because I cannot seem to find a ladder with these features anywhere.

Any help or advice you all have is much appreciated!

PS: This ladder has had an aftermarket bottom step welded to it before, so this is technically the second time has broken, We would not like to try buying another step and welding it to the ladder again as this attempt already failed and almost injured the person whom the ladder failed on.
Attachments
IMG_8878.JPG
IMG_8878.JPG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1957 times
IMG_7361.jpg
IMG_7361.jpg (575.6 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
IMG_7359.jpg
IMG_7359.jpg (466.56 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
IMG_7358.jpg
IMG_7358.jpg (588.57 KiB) Viewed 1957 times

curtiscapk

Re: Could really use some help finding a ladder!

#2 Post by curtiscapk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:17 am

Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Nolin17

#3 Post by Nolin17 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:26 am

curtiscapk wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:17 am
found it!

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/custo ... 3-aluminum

I do love my PS ladder but don't think it'll fit there...

https://www.pontoonstuff.com/collection ... oon-ladder
I have seen that ladder before but I am afraid that the rear legs (the small arms that are extended backward behind the plastic ladder hinges) are not long enough because in the picture they only extend partially backward, but in my picture, they are welded to the back of the same location on the ladder and appear to extend much longer to be able to attach to the back of the toon.

Basically I am unsure whether those back legs behind the ladder hinges will be able to span the distance of the 6.5" in order to reach the tunes or if they will come up short. Does that make sense? Not sure if that makes things muddier.

curtiscapk

#4 Post by curtiscapk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:04 pm

After being on here for 12 years and seeing almost every type of toon possible that's as close as you're going to get! Most ladders don't even have that secondary support resting on the toon. I would do some measuring and cut the old supports off so they rest against the new one's if you're that worried about it..

here's more

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/boat- ... on-ladders
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Nolin17

#5 Post by Nolin17 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Yea you're right thats probably about as close as I can get it. Thanks a lot for the help!