Pontoon “barge” needed, advice/thoughts appreciated

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Nan_wpg

Re: Pontoon “barge” needed, advice/thoughts appreciated

#16 Post by Nan_wpg » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:32 pm

It’s been an unreal experience. Maybe I’ll post about it in off topic.

Marc K

#17 Post by Marc K » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:53 pm

Been down a similar road and I feel for you.
Big and ugly but we love our 1999/2000 Crest II DL with a Yamaha F115

bansil

#18 Post by bansil » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:19 pm

TWB wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:15 am
2 Covid to the back of the head -- Hilary-style.
:shock:
Arkancided..

:mrgreen:
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

onlybillhere

#19 Post by onlybillhere » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:57 pm

just wow............
1995 Sun Tracker 21 Party Barge
60HP Mercury 2 stroke
It's new! to me
Loving the life here in Deland, Fla.

Rick McC.

#20 Post by Rick McC. » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:21 pm

Nan_wpg wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:19 am
The guy is an absolute loser. Mom keeps enabling him.

I’m just done. It’s pathetic. Everyone at the lake hates the guy. He gets into fights , discharges firearms, runs a generator till 3am (it’s very remote cabin) flyers driones, and feeds the wildlife too.

He’s also verbally and emotionally abusing Mil. (By her own admission Tj us) yet she refuses to do anything about it.

It’s just a mess.
Well, if he gets the cabin; I doubt that he’ll be able to handle the normal upkeep, much less the insurance and taxes. In time you’ll likely be able to bail him out of one thing or another; in return for the title to the cabin and property…

I can promise you one thing; Karma’s a bitch, and she loves to collect her due!
Rick

Sights are for the unenlightened.

Nan_wpg

#21 Post by Nan_wpg » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Rick McC. wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:21 pm
Nan_wpg wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:19 am
The guy is an absolute loser. Mom keeps enabling him.

I’m just done. It’s pathetic. Everyone at the lake hates the guy. He gets into fights , discharges firearms, runs a generator till 3am (it’s very remote cabin) flyers driones, and feeds the wildlife too.

He’s also verbally and emotionally abusing Mil. (By her own admission Tj us) yet she refuses to do anything about it.

It’s just a mess.
Well, if he gets the cabin; I doubt that he’ll be able to handle the normal upkeep, much less the insurance and taxes. In time you’ll likely be able to bail him out of one thing or another; in return for the title to the cabin and property…

I can promise you one thing; Karma’s a bitch, and she loves to collect her due!
This cabin is off grid, and remote so everything is 3x the work, and 3x the cost if you hire out.

He’s useless @40. When he’s 50 he’ll be even more useless. 60? Lol.

Mil knows he’s a screw up. She knew I was going to bring the hammer down (start contributing or he wouldn’t be allowed out).

Well wouldn’t ya know the cabin collapsed last year. There was a ton of work to be done. Of course baby Jeff was no where to be found for 5 months.

Then when we were done for the year he magically appears with a case of beer, bag of weed, and of course cocaine and hot dogs, thinking he was gonna come out all winter.

Nope. You didn’t earn it. He lost it, threatens me. Mom panicked and refuse to,sell us the cabin. She would sell 90% of the cabin, and baby Jeff would get the 10% in her will. We said no. She threatens to,sell to an outsider if we refuse because baby Jeff told her “if I don’t get my 10% I’d rather you sell it outright” (if I can’t have it no one will)

Thanks mom. I get it, he’s your son but your ok with throwing your entire family under the bus?

This guy is such an ass he “borrowed” 900 from my daughter. Paid her back 400. I consider this theft. Mom doesn’t. Of course he can still afford to drink beer, smoke pot, and short coke. Grampa paid her back the 500 so mom says it’s all good.

I tell her if baby Jeff stabbed your granddaughter and grampy put a band aid on her to stop the bleeding the fact is he still stabbed her.

Ya it’s your son, but he stole money from your grand daughter! Grand daughter! It doesn’t get any lower.

steve1313

#22 Post by steve1313 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:36 am

My rule for "lending" money to friends or family.......... It's never a loan, it's always a gift. Period. If someday they want to pay it back, I'll reluctantly accept it. That will leave both sides happy. Call if a loan and EXPECT payback and it usually ends bad both parties
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

Nan_wpg

#23 Post by Nan_wpg » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:23 am

steve1313 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:36 am
My rule for "lending" money to friends or family.......... It's never a loan, it's always a gift. Period. If someday they want to pay it back, I'll reluctantly accept it. That will leave both sides happy. Call if a loan and EXPECT payback and it usually ends bad both parties
My rule is a grown man should not be borrowing money from his niece. Period. No exceptions. And if you do, you pay it back.

If you can afford to drink beer, smoke pot,and snort coke you can pay the money back. Period. No exceptions.

I never lend money to family. He did this behind our backs. My daughter has a heart of gold and works hard and is a saver. Bil is a waste.

Steiner

#24 Post by Steiner » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:12 am

2019 G3 SunCatcher V322 SS tritoon, Yamaha F200
2019 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4, 3.5L EcoBoost Max Trailer Tow Package

Flanker

#25 Post by Flanker » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:39 am

Like someone said "Karma's a bitch". Bide your time he'll be dead by 50.
Westport KY
Ohio River/McAlpine Pool
2009 Crestliner Bataba Bay
150 Merc

NonHyphenAmerican

#26 Post by NonHyphenAmerican » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Owning things in partnership with family is fraught with explosive mines.

Hopefully, the leech has to pay the "Gift Tax" for the "Gift" of the cabin.

Or more probably, Mom keeps it in her name, he continues to mooch like the leech he is, and when she dies, whatever is on paper is what happens.

Me?

I'd find a different lake and use the money that would've gone for a 90% interest in a cabin that's infested by a mooching leech and put my money there.

The mooching leech wouldn't ever be invited nor welcome.Image
[color=#FF0000][b]22' G3 SunCatcher V22F
Yamaha F-90
Tooning on El Dorado Reservoir[/b][/color]

Nan_wpg

#27 Post by Nan_wpg » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Mom still owns the entire cabin. And her proposed renegotiation we would buy 90@ from her. She would hold 10% and baby Jeff would inherit the 10%.

So basically she wanted us to pay for the cabin, and all the expenses (ya only 90% but let’s call it 100) and baby Jeff can continue to come out and drink beer, smoke pot, eat, shit, piss, and sleep for 17 hours a day. Yes. 17. One/seven. Seventeen. If I didn’t see personally I’d never have believed a human could,actually sleep 17 hours (unless in medically induced comma?).

Naturally we refuse. She says that baby Jeff told her “if I don’t get my 10% I’d rather you just sell it” and that if we,refuse she’ll try to hang on “but if I have to sell, I have to sell”. Thanks mom.

It’s insulting that baby Jeff doesn’t even pony up money. He just wants.

The irony of it I’d mom is pissed at me because I’m being difficult not wanting to own a cabin with baby Jeff.

Mom initially wanted to sell us half of a cabin. She didn’t ask baby Jeff. So basically she doesn’t want to own a cabin with baby Jeff. So why would I? Lol.

TWB

#28 Post by TWB » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:22 am

NonHyphenAmerican wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Me?

I'd find a different lake and use the money that would've gone for a 90% interest in a cabin that's infested by a mooching leech and put my money there.
I have to agree. It may not be the ideal spot on the ideal lake with the ideal things - BUT - in your circumstance it would never be ideal anyway.

Pool together, find another "ideal" place and move on. Mom and brother can have the other... for as long as it lasts.

I hate that you're having to go through this. Many of us have and it's never easy and never without animosity.

:2cents
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

Nan_wpg

#29 Post by Nan_wpg » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:50 am

TWB wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:22 am
NonHyphenAmerican wrote:

Me?

I have to agree. It may not be the ideal spot on the ideal lake with the ideal things - BUT - in your circumstance it would never be ideal anyway.

Pool together, find another "ideal" place and move on. Mom and brother can have the other... for as long as it lasts.

I hate that you're having to go through this. Many of us have and it's never easy and never without animosity.

The problem is the sentimental attachment to this stupid cabin (wife not me).

I couldn’t care less where it is. A cabin on a lake is a cabin on a lake. But honestly the best cabin,is someone else’s.

I’ve done some math. The lost income (cashed in investments to pay for cabin) plus the cabin expenses (park/road fee, insurance, etc) is roughly 10k per year. And that’s not including increases of said values, nor does it include new roof, new dock, broken windows, whatever else happens, etc.

In my area I can rent for 1065 per week, a cabin on the water. Road,access, drive right up, hydro (thus AC), wifi/cell service (may or may not be considered a positive).

No painting, fixing, cutting, chopping, mowing, worrying, replacing, etc. I can basically go to the cabin and be like baby Jeff. (Except I have to pay the rental, lol).

So basically I can rent for 9 weeks, worry free. And next year do it again. Or don’t, and buy plane tickets.

I’ve done an extensive search of cabin rentals. None of them included a 40,year old alcoholic drug addict, lazy entitled shit head that sits around drinking beer, and smoking pot, and telling me to go fuck myself, and picking fights with the neighbors.

Just gotta convince my wife. She’s said she’s not interested in any other cabin.

jrolin1

#30 Post by jrolin1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:26 am

Nan_wpg wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:50 am
TWB wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:22 am
NonHyphenAmerican wrote:

Me?

The problem is the sentimental attachment to this stupid cabin (wife not me).

I couldn’t care less where it is. A cabin on a lake is a cabin on a lake. But honestly the best cabin,is someone else’s.

I’ve done some math. The lost income (cashed in investments to pay for cabin) plus the cabin expenses (park/road fee, insurance, etc) is roughly 10k per year. And that’s not including increases of said values, nor does it include new roof, new dock, broken windows, whatever else happens, etc.

In my area I can rent for 1065 per week, a cabin on the water. Road,access, drive right up, hydro (thus AC), wifi/cell service (may or may not be considered a positive).

No painting, fixing, cutting, chopping, mowing, worrying, replacing, etc. I can basically go to the cabin and be like baby Jeff. (Except I have to pay the rental, lol).

So basically I can rent for 9 weeks, worry free. And next year do it again. Or don’t, and buy plane tickets.

I’ve done an extensive search of cabin rentals. None of them included a 40,year old alcoholic drug addict, lazy entitled shit head that sits around drinking beer, and smoking pot, and telling me to go fuck myself, and picking fights with the neighbors.

Just gotta convince my wife. She’s said she’s not interested in any other cabin.
I will keep my eye for one that meets your criteria! :biggrin2