Ratchet Cover

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

coherent

Ratchet Cover

#1 Post by coherent » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:05 am

I've never had a ratchet cover before, but just picked up a new Sun Tracker last week and bought the manufacturers cover. For the new models they have switched to a new cover manufacturer and are no longer made by Dowco. The cover has two zippered pockets to access the front cleats and two to access the strap ratchets. The interior support poles are installed prior to the cover itself so you don't have to crawl under the cover to install them. It also goes completely over the bimini which is a plus in the brutal Arizona sun when stored outside. Others may already have these type covers but this is the first of this type I've had. It was a bit pricey in my opinion, but fairly easy to install (alone) and must admit it's one of the better fitting covers I have had. Noted it also has a zippered "pouch" on the front that when used covers a front mounted trolling motor which is a nice.

TDJ2591

Re: Ratchet Cover

#2 Post by TDJ2591 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:35 pm

I’m curious how the cover has worked out. My Crest has a factory cover with snaps. It takes the wife and me a while to get it on the boat and snapped all around. She is always the one to crawl inside under the cover and set up the pole supports. I have an OEM DOWCO ratchet cover on my Tracker bass boat and love it. It only takes a couple of minutes to install and I can do it by myself but she always gives me a hand. I drove over 400 miles with it on recently and it did great.
[color=#4000FF]2005 Crest Caribbean 25'
2006 Honda 135hp 4 stroke[/color]

coherent

Re: Ratchet Cover

#3 Post by coherent » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:39 am

I've taken it on and off a few times now and no issues doing so alone. Takes about 15 minutes or so. Only issue i have is the stitching in a seam has split and the dealer asked for photos and is checking on replacement or repair... so we'll see how good the tracker warranty is.