SouthEasat Lakes? Lanier?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Puto

SouthEasat Lakes? Lanier?

#1 Post by Puto » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:20 am

Ok, So, I'm on a lake that I really enjoy. It's about 15,000 acres and connects to a major multi-hundred mile river. I fear the eventual invasion of the Asian Carp which would ruin boating and devastate home values. Looking for an alternative for a future relocation plan. Looking for large (at least 10,000 acres), clean, good for boating and floating, without crocs/alligators, and with nice housing with private docks available on the lake. Lanier is one that comes to mind as a possibility. Tennessee lakes are an idea because of the no state income tax. I'd like to hear what ideas others might suggest.

Steiner

Re: SouthEasat Lakes? Lanier?

#2 Post by Steiner » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:05 am

Lake Keowee is clean since it was built for the nuke plant, plus that means the level doesn't move very much.
Lake Hartwell is huge.
Lake Jocassee would be my choice as it's 95% protected with only about 40 homes on it, but you'd have to hit the lottery twice to afford it.

The three are connected but you can't get from one to the other by boat.
https://www.independentmail.com/story/n ... 523899002/
2019 G3 SunCatcher V322 SS tritoon, Yamaha F200
2019 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4, 3.5L EcoBoost Max Trailer Tow Package

Puto

#3 Post by Puto » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 am

Cool history link, Steiner. I Zillow'd the area - yeah. I haven't hit the lottery once, much less twice. I was looking for something in the six-digit area, lol. Maybe not so close to a nuke plant. Did that already when I lived within 10 mi of San Onofre.

Steiner

#4 Post by Steiner » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Puto wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 am
Cool history link, Steiner. I Zillow'd the area - yeah. I haven't hit the lottery once, much less twice. I was looking for something in the six-digit area, lol. Maybe not so close to a nuke plant. Did that already when I lived within 10 mi of San Onofre.
If you look up Devil's Fork State Park which is on Jocassee, you'll see the address is Holcombe Drive....I work with a woman whose family is Holcombes, her great uncle owned a lot of the property they took and flooded. His son was gone from there but inherited the other land and donated it for the park. Her whole family used to own property up there and she remembers playing and camping up there as a kid before they created Jocassee.

We have a permanent covered camper with a room and porch on Lake Keowee. Now that my wife is working from home permanently we've thought about just moving into it. Only problem is we'd need a dumpster at least twice the size of our house to get rid of all our shit....and I don't want that drive to work but then again I'd be able to quit.
2019 G3 SunCatcher V322 SS tritoon, Yamaha F200
2019 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4, 3.5L EcoBoost Max Trailer Tow Package