Pontoon Mirrors

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

slalomdude2

Pontoon Mirrors

#1 Post by slalomdude2 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:21 pm

Why don't more toons have mirrors? A lot of these toons are pulling wakeboarders or skiers nowadays and pretty much all of them don't have the spotters mirror that a ski or wakeboard boat would have. Anyone know of any good toon mirrors that mount easy and provide a good view for the driver so they don't have to have their heads turned constantly? Would love to suggest a few to some of my neighbors...lol!

ROLAND

Re: Pontoon Mirrors

#2 Post by ROLAND » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:18 am

I'm glad you brought this up. A couple of years back I remember getting irritated always having to turn my captains seat and looking back to make sure some of these faster bass rigs weren't coming up behind me or along side. A few years ago my son bought me a mirror for my boat for Christmas and I hate to admit it but it was winter time so I put the mirror out in my shop and until now, never thought about it again. Need to go out there and find it and see what type I have. Don't tell my kid, he'll get pissed. lol. There are plenty of them out there for sale, just google " mirrors for pontoon boats". here's one link that has a few that might work for you.. happy shopping..

https://www.boatsafe.com/boat-mirror/
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

TWB

#3 Post by TWB » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:16 am

This topic came up a little while ago and had some pretty in-depth discussion. You might find some good input here: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php? ... it=mirrors

:2cents

-Paul
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

mgarvie

#4 Post by mgarvie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm

I kick my self every year for not picking up a cheapy one up at Walmart. You have any idea of the number of Asian carp wearing my sunglasses?

riplipper

#5 Post by riplipper » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:22 am

3.35" Round Blind Spot Mirror/Rear Facing Mirror, Ampper 360?? Rotate Adjustabe Suction Cup/Long Arm HD Glass Convex Wide Angle Rear View Universal Fit Lens
Brand: Ampper
I just ordered one of these. I did not want anything too big and this should suction right to the side of my console and let me see what's coming up behind me.

UPDATE: WAY too small to be useful. Sending back courtesy of Amazon
I am the guy at the boat ramp that gives you dirty looks when you are a complete idiot and too stupid to know it.

onlybillhere

#6 Post by onlybillhere » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:46 pm

1995 Sun Tracker 21 Party Barge
60HP Mercury 2 stroke
It's new! to me
Loving the life here in Deland, Fla.