The world is back to normal!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Puto

The world is back to normal!

#1 Post by Puto » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:27 am

The world is back to normal!!! The downtown Knoxville Boat Show was held this weekend. It was great to get into the convention center and see all the new models from some of the local dealers. Madisonville Marine, Norris Lake, and Bluewater were a few of the dealers. They had all new models from Godfrey, Bennington, Barletta, Premier, Starcraft, and others. There were a bunch of new PWCs from the big three also. Great show, got to see a lot of the new features and designs!!

They even had a beer garden in the middle. YesPlease!

What was not entirely back to normal, is that by Day 3 of 4, about 80% of the floor demo model boats were stamped with a big fat SOLD sign. Still, I could step up on them and check them out.

My condolences to you guys living in more oppressive, less 'Murica states who did not get to have your boat show this spring. Here in East TN, we are still in America.

ROLAND

Re: The world is back to normal!

#2 Post by ROLAND » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:23 am

Hey Puto... I see you're in Knoxville. I have a friend that just moved there 3 or 4 months ago as a sports anchor for WATE tv in knoxville. His name is Tim Owens. good guy. I worked with him for several years at the NBC affiliate here in Shreveport, La. Don't know if he attends boat shows, but if you have the chance to run into him, say hello. btw, glad your world is getting back to normal. The rest of us still have a ways to go. but I do see light at the end of that tunnel.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Puto

Re: The world is back to normal!

#3 Post by Puto » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:20 am

Hey Roland!

Congrats to your friend to moving back to America. I'm sure he was very busy in NOLA what with the Saints and LSU, etc. Here he will be immersed in our two biggest sports teams, The UT Vols (men's football) and the UT Lady Vols (women's basketball). This town lives and breathes its Big Orange. Vandy and the Titans are kinda secondary, since they're nearly three hours away in NashVegas.