Create routes on a PC and transfer to Garmin

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

DocPit

Create routes on a PC and transfer to Garmin

#1 Post by DocPit » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:01 pm

I have a built-in Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 43cv on my Bennington tritoon. I know the basics of how to use an SD card with the unit. However, I have been spinning my wheels trying to figure out whether it is possible to view a copy of the built-in LakeVu g3 map (or a downloaded update of that map) on a Windows PC, edit that map to create waypoints and a route, then copy that information back to the unit. So, basically, create routes on a PC rather than on the Garmin unit. It appears that it was possible to do that with Homeport, but Garmin no longer supports Homeport. They suggest ActiveCaptain. A Garmin compatibility chart (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8AWgeJeFbI) indicates that only ECHOMAP Plus series 6 and higher allow for the transfer of user data. (I’m assuming that if I create routes, those routes would constitute user data that would need to be synched with the unit.) Before I waste more time with this, I’m wondering if anyone can tell me whether it is possible to create routes on a PC and synch those routes with the built-in Garmin map or an updated version of that map?

bansil

Re: Create routes on a PC and transfer to Garmin

#2 Post by bansil » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Head over to thehulltruth dot com. Register and go down to the marine electronic area and ask your question
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com