Finally!!!!!!!

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Rick McC.

Re: Finally!!!!!!!

#16 Post by Rick McC. » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:18 pm

TWB wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 am
I hate to admit I'm in the same boat (pun intended!). Still no pier and dock, and I hate the thought of drop in / take out for one day at a time. Local boat ramps are always crowded and foolish people. Also - it rains (monsoons) almost every damn day. Not gonna leave her sitting in the water just getting rained on and sun dried. So she sits on the trailer next to the house.

I are sad. :cry: :cry:
Hey; that works out fine for us, though I do go out every morning to wipe down everything from the dew or rain, and open things up to keep the humidity and mold down.
92DDBADD-F1DD-4DE5-9F8F-F17B08CF02A4.jpeg
92DDBADD-F1DD-4DE5-9F8F-F17B08CF02A4.jpeg (428.71 KiB) Viewed 2444 times
I only pull it out of the water when a hurricane’s coming. We had a tropical storm come through a couple weeks ago. I just took down the tops, snapped the cover on, and added a couple of long lines to help out the two regular dock-lines.

Now I probably will pull her out of the water about November. That's the start of hunting season down here, and I’ll be using the airboat every weekend to go to and from the hunt camp.
92DDBADD-F1DD-4DE5-9F8F-F17B08CF02A4.jpeg
92DDBADD-F1DD-4DE5-9F8F-F17B08CF02A4.jpeg (428.71 KiB) Viewed 2444 times
This damn forum is the worst I’ve ever seen to add pics to!
Attachments
752DC821-AB7B-4594-A855-ADDB3BD0153F.jpeg
752DC821-AB7B-4594-A855-ADDB3BD0153F.jpeg (330.32 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
Rick

Sights are for the unenlightened.

bansil

#17 Post by bansil » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:28 am

Riding/driving an air boat is on my bucket list :drool
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

TWB

#18 Post by TWB » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 am

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

JerryTx

#19 Post by JerryTx » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Bansil - was always on my list too. About 10 years ago now, we made a Key West gathering(had friends and family come down from all over) for my wifes 50th birthday, we drove our motorhome, so we made it a 3 week vacation, 1 week each way and 1 week there, did all kinds of stops along the way. One stop of course, was the Everglades, we tried 3-4 different airboat tour companies, they all said no, their insurance wouldn't cover them taking a handicap person on a ride.

About gave up, but we stopped at one more place, they said sure, let's go. It was one of those 4 bench up front boats, sat 4 across IIRC, they wheeled me over to it, popped my chair onto it, I transferred into the front corner seat, then they loaded up everyone else. Good thing my arms work good( and that was one question they asked me) because I had to hold on, he drove that boat like stole it. He slid us right up to the channel "walls" lightly touching the reeds, and roared off for the next corner. If you'd have asked me how to get out of there, I'd just say "shoot me now", didn't have a clue. Of course we stopped as he fed the resident friendly gator. All in all a great tourist ride on an airboat, "ting", clicked it off my list.

My Cajun brother in law, who has airboated since he was a kid, said "You What?, you have no idea how many of those flip. Dude, you're crazy!" Maybe so, but I got my ride. :)

Rick - those are two good looking rides there bud. That full red cover pops, looks good on there.

Rick McC.

#20 Post by Rick McC. » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:45 am

Thank you Sir; and I'm glad you got your airboat ride!

I got my first in the late ‘70’s, so it’s NBD to me; just the best way to get to the hunt camp, and fish the remote creeks for Redfish, Black Drum, and Sheepshead in the cooler months.

I’ll attempt to post a few airboat and camp pics, but with this site it’s a crap-shoot how,they’ll come out; most often upside down.

EDIT: Sorry, but I give up on posting pics. It kept doubling photos, and placing them upside down, and i just got tired of it!
Rick

Sights are for the unenlightened.