Bennington seat covers

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

DocPit

Bennington seat covers

#1 Post by DocPit » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:54 am

I have a 2020 Bennington 20SLL. After purchase, I contacted Puffin (the company that makes seat covers for Bennington) to do a set of seat covers. They were almost $400 more expensive than what I would have paid a local craftsman, but I figured that if Puffin is the Bennington contractor for seat covers, I would get a perfect fit. Big mistake. See image. My covers on top (complete misfit), my neighbor's boat on the bottom (perfect fit, made locally).
SeatCoverProblem.JPG
SeatCoverProblem.JPG (52.79 KiB) Viewed 3449 times
I can't stand to look at the Puffin covers any longer, so I'm having a local craftsman make a new set. The Puffin seat covers attach to the boat with straps and clips that fit to the frame. The local craftsman says she attaches the clips directly to the seat covers themselves rather than to straps. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had seat covers made in that fashion? If so, does attaching the clips directly to the seat covers work well?

BobL

Re: Bennington seat covers

#2 Post by BobL » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:11 pm

I can't answer your question but have two for you (out of curiosity).

1 - Did you send your pics to Puffin? Maybe they sent you the wrong ones? At the very least, I would think they would take them back for a restocking fee. It is not like you used them have the summer then decided they didn't fit.

2 - Does your local think they can salvage any of the material from Puffin?

Sorry about your experience.
SOLD - 2009 20' Bentley w/4 Stroke 90hp Mercury
SOLD - 2011 SouthBay 522CR w/115 4 Stroke Mercury
2014 Xcursion 23RF XS package w/150 4 Stroke Mercury